Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation in Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
I know that Skimonkey is a proponent of the Edelweiss Hotel in Cervinia, and it is a good spot to stay, but I was just wondering whether anybody has views on any of the other 3-star Hotels in Cervinia.

I know the Principe is stunning, but it is double the cost of the Edelweiss.

Would appreciate some input.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 13-04-12 11:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JHBGerry, My fave is the Sporthotel Sertorelli - perhaps it's a 4*, but lovely rooms and really amazing breakfast.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is a 4-star, and pricing is about 150 Euro per night on a half-board basis. It is right next to the Edelweiss, and does look good.

Thank you red 27,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only been to Cervinia once. Stayed at the Dragon this season. Excellent position 50m from the Cretaz lifts. The hotel/rooms are a bit basic but the food was outstanding when we were there, I actually liked it being part of the pub too, made the nights a bit more lively than the usual quiet hotel bar (we don't go out at night much as we have a youngster in tow). Staff were excellent too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Hammerite,

I was a bit worried that it would be noisy with the pub right there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hammerite,
Am going there ( The Dragon) on Saturday week; couple of trip advisor reviews suggest its pretty noisy in to the early hours ..........did you find this to be the case?
Cheers
Mitch
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed at the Hotel Petit Palais which I believe is a Crystal-only hotel. It's a bit of a walk from the main town but just across the street from the Plan Maison cable car and gondola (although negotiating a steep icy street and what feels like a hundred steps in ski boots with skis is pretty awful, give me lift station storage any day). It's a very friendly hotel with fabulous food, an all-inclusive bar, but slightly tired decor (usual ski hotel stuff to be honest).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks queen bodecia, I actually looked into it, but the package includes flights and transfers from the UK, which we do not need, and then it is no longer so financially viable.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia, when did you stay at the petit palais ? We were there a few years ago and the food was that bad it was a constant source of amusement / speculation as to whether it was edible or not! Might go back if its improved.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davef, about a month ago. Food was very good and it's an all inclusive hotel now, although I didn't bother with the packed lunch option.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mitchell, sorry for the v.slow reply, I've just got back today from a week in Kitzbuhel Cool .

The room we stayed in was at the back of the pub so we didn't really get any of the noise from the pub itself. We did get some noise from the street at the back, mainly our first two nights - the first was a ruck kicking off complete with what was probably spicy Italian language, the other seemed to be Brits a little worse for wear. Some of the guests at the front of the hotel did say it was a bit noisy, but less than they expected. I think the main idea is to have just enough to drink to induce a deep sleep, but not quite enough to hamper the next day's skiing!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have you considered the Mon Reve? We were due to stay there at new year but had to cancel. Tripadvisor reviews are great and it's not to dear. Also, ski in-out with a free shuttle to take you into town. We've booked again for this new year, hopefully we'll make it there this time!

http://www.monrevehotel.it/

Pete
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've only been to Cervinia once, liked the resort, but the hotel was without a doubt the worst I've ever been to. avoid the "Hotel Brueil" at all costs. small outdated rooms, but serously the most inedible 'food' I've come across. I'm pretty much an "I've paid for it, I''m going to eat it" type f guest. I do enjoy good food, but I can eat pretty my anything, or so I thought. I've never deserted a half board restaurant before, but this is the one and only place that made me do so.

I sincerely hope wherever you go is much better.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Peteman, and rogg. Those useful tips are noted.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PeteMan, we will have some beginners and a non-skiing au-pair, so Mon Reve not really ideal. Also need to be near the nursery slopes. Anybody have an opinion on the Punta Maquignaz or the Bucaneve?

Will avoid the Brueil though!
Very Happy
ski holidays
JHBGerry, some friends of mine have previously stayed at the Breuil and were equally disdainful. The Punta Maquignaz looks lovely (4 star) and is a good location just off the main street, so 5-10 min walk to the Cretaz chairlift, but a 20 min uphill (and lots of stairs) to the Plan Maison lifts. The Bucaneve is a 4-star too but right at the top end of the village so a bit more of a walk to the Cretaz chairlift.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy