Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stanstead Baggage Handlers Strike - Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to Skynews:-

The GMB said strikes will be held on Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday.
Passengers flying on holiday for the holiday break could be disrupted by the planned action at the airport in Essex.
Ryanair, which operates out of Stansted, said it would only allow its passengers to carry hand luggage if the strike goes ahead.

Hopefully some sense will prevail.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wonder if Ryanair will reimburse those passengers who have paid for hold luggage but who ultimately will find that they can't actually take it?

And nice of the baggage handlers to strike on one of the busiest holiday periods of the year and thus ensuring that thousands of people end up missing their hard earnt and expensive holidays.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jimmybog, having a strike when there would be minimal impact would be pointless. I feel your pain - but if there is a right to strike, if a strike is to be effective it follows that it will be disruptive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles wrote:
jimmybog, having a strike when there would be minimal impact would be pointless. I feel your pain - but if there is a right to strike, if a strike is to be effective it follows that it will be disruptive.

Doesn't cause me a pain as I'm not travelling anywhere. Just feel for those people who've spent a lot of money on a holiday or flights who are restricted to going during school holiday time and then finding out they can't actually go. As much as I feel for those wanting to strike due to work conditions, pay etc, I just feel that their action will cause untold misery to thousands of people who are not responsible for the strikers work conditions, pay etc in the first place. Just hope all those people have got good travel insurance!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jimmybog, I feel pretty much as you do - and I am not sure about what I think about the right to strike. Given that it is presently enshrined in law, if workers want to strike, they are obviously going to do so when they can have maximum effect. Whether workers should have the right with out putting their jobs at risk is another matter. I can't imagine the government taking this one on right now, though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy