Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skike Cross country ski/skate

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got these:- http://www.crosscountryskis.co.uk/backup/catalogue.asp?category=14&subcategory=10

If so what do you think of them? I have a good park with a tarmac perimeter road and I was thinking a pair of these with cross country poles and some pads for elbows, knees, wristguards and a skiing helmet would be ideal ski related fitness training for the summer months.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How much do you weigh? I'm 6'3" and 95kg, the tyres even inflated maximally bulge so much that they don't rotate without friction from the chassis. For me they have been totally useless. I bought them secondhand and they looked brand new my guess is the guy I bought them off found them unusable too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mrs Musher has something similar. She doesn't go out on them very often, but seems happy with them. I think they are called Start combi. They have smaller solid wheels more like a rollerblade
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are planning to use these, go with real roller skis, not with this shi**. They have some sort of "break" implemented there, so you need to keep your knees forward all the time, otherwise it breaks automatically. And such position is no go for xc skiing. So if you want to enjoy it, get real roller skis (Ski sket, Start, Jenex, Oneway, Proski, Marwe...), and forget about Skike.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok, thanks for the info. I'll get back to looking at roller skis instead.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Primoz, blasting his opinions across Snowheads with both barrels for over a decade ! Smile

To answer the question though. There are two common wheel sizes for "off road" roller skis: 150mm and 200mm. 200mm are obviously heavier but can handle a wider choice of terrain. 150mm are really for hardpacked sand, woods etc. You have to be careful with ground clearance. They also work really well on all those city streets with small pot holes, uneven pavements, drains, gutters etc etc, places where rollerskis would have trouble.

They ski pretty much like rollerskis with 100mm wheels but a quite a lot slower. Also you can get punctures. I don't know about brakes as I don't use them but you can go down pretty steep hills if you have them. A couple of guys I skied alpe d'Huez with 2 years ago had them and they skied down whereas I took the bus. If you are in the UK and have a choice between rollerskis and "skikes" skikes are probably a better choice as they are safer and handle a bigger variety of terrain.

I was able to commute to work on them, as in this picture.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:
Primoz, blasting his opinions across Snowheads with both barrels for over a decade ! Smile

Congratulations for finding more then 10 years old comment and answering to OP some 10 years late (I guess main point of your post was this what I quoted though. Just for info, these roller skates on your photo have nothing to do with Skikes OP was asking about, and about what I replied. If you have issues with me being pro xc skier once and you not even hobby skier, it's your thing, but I have no idea why you need to drag this issue out every possible or not possible way.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy