Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming in January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are considering this area for our January familly trip and I was wondering if anyone had any views on it.
We are mainly skiers with just the one boarder and we are all fairly strong intermediate level now.
I had heard that Apres was a bit limited but believe that this has improved a bit if anyone can confirm this.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check my report here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=73879&highlight=schladming

We have been there in 2011 in January. Lucky with the weather, arrived after big snowfall and had sunny weather afterwards.
Very good for quick piste cruising, lots of long runs, very good lifts etc.
Everything is below treeline, so if you want open runs you will not find many.

Did not explore apres too much but the big bar next to gondola in Schaldming was busy everyday. There are other bars in the centre as well.

There are good areas close to explore on the same ski pass but you will rather need a car for it.

If you have any questions, please ask.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Schladming has good Apres Ski. Not wild like St Anton or Ischgl but the Tenne bar and others in the centre are very good. The Mountain restaurants are as good as you will find in any resort in my opinion and some also have Apres Ski a couple of afternoons.
Strong Intermediate is probably pushing the boundaries of Schladming. Its a good Intermediate resort with lots of long cruising runs (fairly easy reds) and great links across the 4 mountains but if you are moving on towards the Expert level of Strong Intermediate then it is limited. The run down the Planai into the village is a good test for any skier, particularly when icy or mogulled.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
downhillalltheway, Agree. Mountain restaurants and food/beer are very good. The one on top of Planai gondola had some nice live bands around 2-3pm with good atmosphere.
The main Tenne bar was busy everyday but others in centre rather quiet for apres ski (when we were there). Maybe busier later.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve.S, agree with most of what's been said above though there's plenty of decent skiing for the more adventurous. Checkout the ski amade thread, lots of update, pics and videos.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=78906&start=640#2014371
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check this thread out.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steve.S, if you go the week of the World Cup night race (normally the fourth Tuesday in January, I think) then you will find plenty apres ski.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ayrshire Andy, I don't think it's on next year as the world champs are in Schladming in Feb.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the info everyone and some fantastic links.
We had a familly conference last night and are going to give it a try it looks a great place both from a skiing and Apres point of view (we generally prefer the right off the slopes cheesy Europop rather than late night clubbing)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy