Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The snowHeads ACL rehab club !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ahhhh, nice one... Ta:D
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grandma Sunshine wrote:
@jjams82, Surgeons are always Mr.

Unless they're Mrs, Ms or Miss wink
(Not quite sure what the correct title is if they're also a "proper Doctor", as my several PhD relatives say).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Grizzler, I think you know what I meant, but my bad Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought it was that Consultants were titled Mr/Ms/Mrs, you could be a Surgeon but not yet a Consultant.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rjs, that's what I thought, which is why I said consultants rather than surgeons but RCS says surgeons too

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 20-05-19 14:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@rjs, that's what I thought, which is why I said consultants rather than surgeons

You did, other posters didn't.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rjs, yes I know - I edited
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jjams82, fantastic news, well done!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jjams82, congrats!! yay!!

..just to chip in - apparently back in the day (victorian era), one would become a surgeon through apprenticeship. So surgeons didn't need to be qualified doctors to operate - they just needed to know how to hack open a body with saws or big knives. So because of the apprenticeship, surgeons couldn't earn the Dr. title. That's obviously not the case anymore but apparently tradition is tradition. So now when one becomes a doctor, they become Dr. So and So. But when they go on to earn their surgeon title, they revert back to Mr./Ms. etc
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Sophielle, Ha! That's quite a cool little nugget of knowledge... I like.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Inside Health on R4 yesterday had an interesting feature on what sounds like cartilage replacement for the thumb joint.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0008wpc

It's about 24min in.

I wonder if the same technology can be applied to knee's. The loads the respective joints will be under will be very different but perhaps there is hope that it could be applied to knees ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@AndAnotherThing.., I could do with the thumb bit first!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@holidayloverxx, Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
18 months after rupturing my ACL. Still ACL-free. Just don't really think about it during the day-to-day. I just know I have to train legs year-round... that's a given now but life goes on without any issues... occasional slight knee pain maybe after workouts but no swelling and no impact on functionality.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ItaloSkier

Same. Just passed the 18 months and just returned from a week of great skiing in La Rosiere. Makes all the gym work worthwhile Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy