Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot brand for Beginners?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning to buy some ski boots soon. Which brand can you recommend more on downhill skiing: Nordica, Tecnica, or Head Edge+ 11?
ski holidays
 cran
cran
red ones
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cran, Nonsense.

Orange.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is no need for flippancy folks - the title says 'beginner' - we've all been there - and I'm still not that far away

Milos, Welcome to SH's

We do have bootfitters and lots of other experienced folks that should be able to help, but I'm afraid your request is being made fun of at the moment which isn't fair for a first post. I'm no expert (despite the post numbers), but if you don't get any other advice....................

I should go to a reputable shop in your area and speak to the boot fitter. Go in with no preconceived ideas and come out with the ones that their boot-fitter says fit you. Don't buy them by mail order without knowing the ones you need (for which you will need to be fitted - catch 22 wink ) even though the deals on the internet are most attractive at the moment. The chances are with mail order ones bought without experience and knowledge is that you will end up with boots which won't last as long as you will want them to given the investment involved.

Have a look at the stickies at the top of this board list too lots of good advice and postings from the resident bootfitting folks on there which WILL provide better advice than I can wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go try some on and don't forget about getting a decent footbed, you don't want anything with too stiff a flex as it will hinder your learning. make sure your sized up properly and remember the best boot is the one that fits your foot!

and green is the fastest colour....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Milos,

Welcome to Snowheads, I see you are in the states. The people at Epicski should be able to give you advice too, especially about local boot fitters and ski boots in the American market.

http://www.epicski.com/t/3986/epicski-index-of-boot-fitting-masters

http://www.epicski.com/t/109939/advice-on-first-time-ski-purchase-for-a-beginner-please

How the boots fits is much more important than who makes them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, thanks a lot! I was about to have a go with the mail-order ones. Seems a little scary to waste my money on stuff that won't be a perfect fit for my feet now that I think about it..

dansmith, I was thinking of getting a black one. Do colors really matter?

DB, I'm going to follow your advice but I'm hoping to find some Nordica boots at local stores, they seem pretty rad. Those are great resources, though. Thanks a lot!

Thanks guys. Keep your suggestions coming Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No don't mail order!!!! Just go to a good fitter with no preconceived idea of make, model, colour. Tell them honestly about your ambition and current experience and let them do their job. Different makes and model of boot are different shaped so a fitter will identify the one best suited for your feet, if Nordica don't fit best buy some other brand rather than a nearly fits Nordica because it looks cool!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Milos, LOL - your OP just sounded as though you had been caught up with the pretty piccies in a catalogue! Put yourself in the hands a your bootfitter and spend your cash wisely on his advice. I doubt very much that you will end up with pink ones!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum wrote:
Milos, LOL - your OP just sounded as though you had been caught up with the pretty piccies in a catalogue! Put yourself in the hands a your bootfitter and spend your cash wisely on his advice. I doubt very much that you will end up with pink ones!!

Pink ones are good!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Milos wrote:
DB, I'm going to follow your advice but I'm hoping to find some Nordica boots at local stores, they seem pretty rad. Those are great resources, though. Thanks a lot!

They might look pretty rad in the shop but if they don't fit your feet and are too stiff they might end up killing your feet all the time (been there, done that, got the T-Shirt).

These are the ones to go for though wink
http://www.levelninesports.com/images/ET8250-xl.jpg
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy