Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow, Ski, Alcohol... and in-laws?!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Unbe-freekin-lievable!

So, we fly out for Meribel early on Saturday morning. This morning, the girlfriends parents inform us, out of the blue, that they have just booked up last minute for the same exact time as us in Meribel. Livid!

Now, don't get me wrong I like and enjoy the company of the future in-laws, but this is just too much! I work hard all year for this 1, maybe 2 chances to get away and ski. Seriously, who does this..?!!

Mad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
About 4 years ago my mother in law did exactly the same on a trip to Peyragudes...She was 67 at the time and she actually had lessons.had never skied before!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mac22, Mac22, the 3V is a big area. Don't worry. Are you afraid your future mother in law will be too quick for you?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
Mac22, Mac22, the 3V is a big area. Don't worry. Are you afraid your future mother in law will be too quick for you?

Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yes, snow ski and alcohol help this situation Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, below the belt Pam... and yes! Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mac22, sympathies. Similar thing once happened to us, my in-laws paid for my brother-in-law to drop on to our skiing holiday at the last minute (uninvited). We were recently married and the skiing trip was a bit like a second honeymoon, fab hotel, fab resort and then the BIL tagging along everywhere Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have they booked into the same hotel? If not, I'm sure it won't be too difficult to tactfully have time to yourselves..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sarah, baffles me how some people are unaware they are in the way.

Don't get me wrong I am a very tolerant person and can spend time with anyone and get along with just about anybody but... come on, its our only holiday of the year!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kill them.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mac22 wrote:
the girlfriends parents inform us, out of the blue, that they have just booked up last minute for the same exact time as us in Meribel. Livid!

sequoiaboard wrote:
About 4 years ago my mother in law did exactly the same

sarah wrote:
sympathies. Similar thing once happened to us

Shocked

Lucky enough to love the in laws.... but who on earth invites themself on holiday with other people Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mac22, Booze helps you survive. Stay sweet with them, you may need them should you ever have kids and need childminders when you ski
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sarah,
Quote:

trip was a bit like a second honeymoon then the BIL tagging along everywhere

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is a bonus to having to stick to school holidays and going budget. My parents will go out of school holidays, to lower the cost but then choose less budget options. Although amusingly my parents had my Grandparents tagging along on their last holiday, and they're going on another later in the year (non skiing). My Dad isn't amused!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Booze will help, but don't give them too much.
ski holidays
How rude to invite yourself on someone else's holiday.
snow report
Mac22 wrote:
Unbe-freekin-lievable!

So, we fly out for Meribel early on Saturday morning. This morning, the girlfriends parents inform us, out of the blue, that they have just booked up last minute for the same exact time as us in Meribel. Livid!

Mad

LOVE IT!!!!!
snow conditions
andersont wrote:
Kill them.

hahaha, funniest thread I've read in ages Shock
ski holidays
Some couples would kill for in laws who are like-minded enough to ski.....just relax and enjoy and I'm sure they won't cramp your style too much....Did they know you'd be there then or do they feel the same way I wonder..."OMG our daughter and bf are going to be tailing/racing us everywhere" ..How about booking yourself some lessons (or activities) if you can't get away from them and if you don't want to be with them just politely say (the night before ?)that you fancy a nice meal with the future Mrs Mac22 on your own. You'd do the same if you travelled in a group with friends. In laws aren't ogres. They are just adults from the previous generation and you could just as easily bump into them (not literally I hope) in a bar somewhere and have a fine old time with them.
Actually I have often been on hol with my parents, husband and kids and sometimes sister and bro in law as well (now that's a crowd) and it's pretty good fun having 3 generations on the same lift!
They'll ski your socks off...is that your problem?
snow report
snowyowl, well said
ski holidays
Nail their daughter loudly and unpleasantly. They'll get the hint. I have various "devices" you can borrow.
snow report
andersont wrote:
Nail their daughter loudly and unpleasantly. They'll get the hint. I have various "devices" you can borrow.

hahahaha, dear me Shock
latest report
Quote:

you may need them should you ever have kids and need childminders when you ski

there speaks a man who knows. wink

Just had my daughter in - flights from Bournemouth to Geneva at Christmas now on sale, and Bournemouth is quite convenient for them. They are hoping to come out at Christmas with 2 year old and as-yet-unborn baby, get a private transfer from Geneva, free catered accommodation and full time baby minding for an 8 day holiday.

And they no doubt will. wink
latest report
Quote:

a private transfer from Geneva, free catered accommodation and full time baby minding for an 8 day holiday.

You're a SAINT Pam W. I hope your daughter appreciates you. In 5 years the kids will both be skiing and in 8 they will be faster than you....!
snow report
this reminds me of when we were in L2A sat at a picnic table having a sandwich and a couple asked if they could sit there too. We obliged and got talking. Turns out their son who was in his early 20s was out there at the same time with a mate, the son and mate were staying at the same hotel as us, and the parents who booked separately were staying elsewhere .....

We had the parents asking us if they were behaving at meal times and in the bar at night, and they asked us to keep an eye on them!
ski holidays
I LOVE going on big family holidays with all the different generations and the in laws.

I also like going on holiday with just my husband and would feel a bit miffed if our parents decided to book to go to the same place at the same time unless that had been part of the plan!
ski holidays
Mrs NBT and I are going out to les arcs next week to join friends who booked months ago. Mailed them first though to make sure they didn;t mind - if they'd said they were not wanting us to go then we'd have booked elsewhere, but he was most keen to see us able to join them. Wouldn't have booked without checking first though
snow report
miranda wrote:
I LOVE going on big family holidays with all the different generations and the in laws.

I also like going on holiday with just my husband and would feel a bit miffed if our parents decided to book to go to the same place at the same time unless that had been part of the plan!

Spot on Very Happy Planned is absolutely fine, we have had many happy big family holidays. Unplanned and uninvited when you thought it was just 'your' holiday not ok Mad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
To mis-quote George Burns, "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another ski resort". wink
latest report
We've taken my parents in law with us (to Zermatt) for Christmas and have had several ski holidays with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law - I've even shared a room with my bil at an EoSB - so I have no probs skiing with extended family.

I also think pam w is a saint. I have firmly told my boys (none of whom are even engaged yet) that I will be happy to be a skiing grand parent - but i wil be skiing not child-minding (see if I really manage to be so hard as and when there actually are some little darlings rolling eyes )
snow report
Sons and girlfriend work in 3V. Girlfriend's parents and us are all out there next week. One big happy family!
ski holidays
andersont wrote:

What, just randomly on the slopes or outside the Le Pub..? They aren't staying with us...
latest report
Oh I SEE! Not so bad then. Don't be British, just lay it out. Say you're happy (if you are) to see them for X evenings and X lunchtimes. Then let them decide.
snow report
Are you sure your girlfriend didn't ask them along without telling you?
snow report
Are you sure they're not looking at this forum thread? Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy