Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 V end to end in a day?

Poster: A snowHead
How easy and how long to ski from VT to the furthest point of the 3 valleys and back again in a day? My youngest is nagging to do it. It will be spring conditions, cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you starting from?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Easy for a competent skier who can keep moving and happy on reds (i.e. doesn't keep stopping). How old is your youngest?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Starting from Val Thorens, my youngest is 16. Will be with my eldest who is 18 and is doing a season in VT. It's me i'm worried about Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easy to achieve. When I was 19 we skied pretty much the whole of three valleys in a day. All of us were capabable of skiing reds confidently though. That was the challenge of our University Ski trip to see how much we could get done. Started in Val thoren on the Blacks. The only area we didn't do so much of was lower Courcheval area. Mainly because it wasn't that great snow cover.

Im 32 now and I reckon I could still do it. But I now the area very well as I have been the about 10 times. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Orelle to 1650 in 1 1/2 hours if you push it. There and back in a day (with lunch) comfortably Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As above, if you can ski reds, then no problem.

Wife and I were in les men and could get over to courchevel and back for lunch time, including a small detour to masse or valont.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simples

maybe add a bit more to the trip and on the way back from courcheval 1650 come via st martin. nice day out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sequoiaboard wrote:
It's me i'm worried about Embarassed

JFDI!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone for your replies. It sounds like we'll be able to do it. Another question..........Any ideas for a reasonably priced lunch stop?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sequoiaboard wrote:
Thanks everyone for your replies. It sounds like we'll be able to do it. Another question..........Any ideas for a reasonably priced lunch stop?

The one and only option - Les Menuires, hit L'Ours Blanc. Assume you are going from Courchevel to VT and back? If in VT you can make your way down there anyhow. Some of the best (and value for money) food in the 3V. Well, I've not found better.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Monium, starting in VT
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As others above have said it is very do-able. With a total beginner who was awfully slow on reds we managed it one year (took ages mind you)

For a lunch stop i love the restaurant at the top of Pas du Lac 1 in Meribel. Or if you are feeling flush (and book ahead) you could do Bel Air right at the far side. This will be about your half way mark so convenient for a lunch stop.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mottaret Burger hut, cheap but not to bad just before you drop down run to meribel
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
L'Eterlou restaurant/pizzeria on the Rue du Marquis just off the bottom of the slopes in Courch 1650. Good food and service at a reasonable price.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=45.417898,6.653209&z=17
ski holidays
I've skied from VT to the base of Courchevel and back in a morning, we were skiing quickly and there wasn't much queuing for lifts, I don't even think we took the most direct route. Its only 4 lifts from Vt to courchevel and you could do it in 3 if you took the boring 'ours' run
ski holidays
never take the Ours run!
snow report
one good tip is that if you pick up a piste map in each valley it has the local valley detail on one side and the whole 3V map on the reverse side.

This does help when negotiating way around.

on the piste above La Tania Le Bouc Blanc restaurant has very good value plat de jours and the burgers at the ski lodge in La Tania pretty good.

have fun
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy