Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Superfeet Footbed...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought new ski boots last weekend and the guy in the shop (Snow & Rock) was highly recommending we take these. We didnt opt for them on the day but thinking of getting them next time we are in dublin. The were costing about 70euro a pair and were heat moulded.

Just wondering are they regarded as being worth the money.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2waterford, at €70 they were most likely sidas/conformable footbeds S&R don't sell the custom footbeds form Superfeet and the off the shelf products are £35-£50 depending on the model

if well made a custom footbed is great, if you are not 100% convinced about the guy making them then an off the shelf product is a great starting point, they offer enough support for most people skiing 1-2 weeks a year who don't have any major foot problems, a custom made footbed will give better support and contact with the foot
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi 2waterford,

i got a pair from a website ........http://www.insoles-direct.com/ski_boot_insoles

i didn't really want to spend any more money, especially after buying 4 sets of boots for my family, but i got these ones from the site above. I have skied with them several times now and they have stopped the cramp and pins and needles i was getting after an hour or so.

For £35 they were a great purchase. Maybe next year or sometime in the future i'll buy a custom pair. I admit, they may not be as good a custom pair but they solved my issues

hope this helps you out
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The off the shelf superfeet are excellent. I've had 3 pairs of custom insoles (2 conformable + 1 superfeet cork) for my ski boots and none of them have ever really worked for me but when I switch back to superfeet green my feet are ok. For years now I've used superfeet green in my ski boots, superfeet blue in my hiking/golf/timberland boots and superfeet dress in my leather shoes. Excellent product; lasts for ages and easy to swap between footwear.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2waterford, Another vote for superfeet - I have the custom ones in my race boots and they are spot on. My son plays football at a high level and spent last season in agony because of arch/foot problems, got my boot man to give his feet the once over and he put him in superfeet orange - a different player with a huge goal tally again thanks to zero foot pain. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for Superfeet. I have terribly flat feet and have custom made insoles, cost me a fortune, foot was plaster cast etc. They are good but I have been getting some numbness in the balls of my feet. Decided to try some Superfeet blues which have been fantastic so far - seem to be offering equally good support and the numbness is definitley going away. Have just put some reds in my ski boots as well so interesting to see how they fare this year.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Forgot to say.... if you get the Red Hots make sure you have something decent to cut them with, they have a metal foil base and I destroyed 2 pairs of scissors to fit one pair. They are bloody tough to cut with normal scissors!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy