Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hints for finding a last minute holiday for a family of 3

Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to find a holiday over easter for me, my wife and our 7 year old daughter. It'll be their first time skiing so I'm keen to make sure I get somewhere with decent lessons and also a good kids' club for when my daughter isn't skiing so that we all get a break at various points in the holiday. I'm not up for putting a trip together myself so it'll have to be a TO effort. I'm searching on the various TOs websites (painful - their search features are varying but mostly poor) but are there any better ways of doing this or handy hints that SHs can help me out with? I've tried Igluski but it is pretty impenetrable when it comes to what the holidays offer other than basic accommodation.
Cheers,
Mike
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mgrolf, welcome to Snowheads snowHead

Try (in no particular order and not exhaustive):

Ski Famille
The Family Ski Company
Family Friendly Skiing
Ski Esprit
Mark Warner
Snowbizz
Neilson - Hotel Aaalborg
Club Med
Crystal - certain club hotels

Also a lot of Austrian hotels tend to have kids clubs in house, you might find one with Crystal as the TO.

Best of luck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inghams, Skiworld, Rocket Ski, Direct Ski.

Inghams did have some free child places, although not sure if they'll still have any available.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mgrolf, I suspect you'd do better sitting with a phone and ringing round some TOs - the ones Sarah suggests would make a v good start.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mgrolf, try Zenith holidays, they've a chalet or 2 in Montgenevre, which apparently has excellent child care / clubs etc. (Neilson also have a couple of chalets there too).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for the suggestions, that gives me quite a few more to try. Pamw, I suspect you're right but I can't find the time till the weekend, pesky job gets in the way of the important things in life!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ring Ski Esprit and simply leave it to them. All their resorts are good, their childcare/lessons are good so you can be sure that anywhere will be fine. I have nothing to do with them other than being a satisfied customer when my kids were little.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowyowl, I wish I could. Tried them on Tuesday and they had nothing left Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Assuming you can get to either Gatwick or Manchester for the flights, Ski Beat have some cracking deals on just now - holidays leaving this weekend catered chalet board for under £275. If you can hold on until last minute I'm sure you can snap something up for Easter, although they already have plenty of holidays under £500. Also provide childcare/creche as well.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mgrolf, have you tried Ski Hillwood? http://www.familyskiholidays.com/ I went with them 20 years ago when ours were tiny and they were good then.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have a look at these.

http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/deals/search?date=18&sort%5B%5D=sale_price_asc
http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/deals/search?name=&date=19&departure_day=&quality=&size=&exclusive_use=on&sort=sale_price_asc

Looks like some good deals to me.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And with childcare box ticked.

http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/deals/search?name=&date=19&departure_day=&quality=&size=&child_friendly=1&sort=sale_price_asc

http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/deals/search?name=&date=18&departure_day=&quality=&size=&child_friendly=1&exclusive_use=on&sort=sale_price_asc
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
call www.snowfinders.co.uk and chat to tem - if you want a holiday with kids I wouldn't book online but would talk to a professional adviser, especially as it is your first time skiing with teh children - they will explain the difference in the childcare and ski school options.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for suggestions everyone, now sorted with a trip to Ardent second week of the holidays. Let the excitement and anticipation commence Happy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mgrolf, Ardent, bet that's family ski company then? Please will you report back, I'd be really keen to hear how it is. Great place, have a lovely time. Highly recommend BASS for lessons there.
snow report
Sarah, got it in one. I'll write a review when I get back, providing that is that I have enough diesel to get to the airport, and the baggage handlers deign to load our bags onto the plane. Fingers crossed!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy