Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift pass points rip off warning Seefeld

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone, this is my first post so please be gentle with me. Acouple of weeks ago I had a great lazy week in Seefeld (I know its not the downhill capital of the world!). Now I have been skiing for many years, in fact since leather boots n 210 planks,however, my wife is relatively new to the sport and very apprehensive after a couple of less than convincing weeks in Andorra. I decided on a week in Seefeld. Not planning on doing a whole week yoyoing and seeing the weeks lift pass in Seefeld is quite dear I decided to go for a couple of points cards.......bad move. From the first few excursions I noticed points were going missing, I initially put this down to my mis-counting. But I kept a note and found with each card I was losing about 3 or 4 points. On the final occasion I was sure I had enough points to get back to the right side of the hill but no I was "fertig". Late in the afternoon I bought an 8 pointer to see me through. I used it once, but the next morning I got the red light, again "fertig" The lift attendant remembered me from the evening before and acknowledged the problem I arranged to see the boss " Herr Seelos" the next day. We met and even though he understood and sympathised said there was nothing he could do about it. So, no happy ending, I spoke to a number of other visitors who had experienced similar problems. The short of it is go for the biggie a weeks ticket or go for day tickets, AVOID the points tickets. I am in the process of emailing the Austrian and Tirol tourism authorities and will post any updates.
Cheers Ed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not really a rip-off, the only point of points cards is for someone who only wants one or two runs a day... Otherwise it's very definitely better to get a week pass.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999, The rip-off refers to points going missing not the overall cost effectiveness of a points card.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999 but you would expect to get what you paid for. If you buy 8 points and use 4 you expect to have 4 left.

I've no experience of either Seefeld or points cards but good luck to ednash and welcome to snowHead s.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just returned from Seefeld and my wife had two points cards. Did not notice that any points were going missing. I assume you are aware that the lifts at the beginner slopes are all 1 point each but the chair lifts at the other mountains are all 2 to 4 points each. The Funicular to Roshutte is 7 points each way. Were you expecting all lifts (chairs, drags, T Bars) to be 1 point each and have maybe miscalculated?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jimmybog may have the answer. Musher junior uses points cards, and 20 points lasted him about a day and a half in ski school using Birkenlift and Geigenbühel.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tiger2 wrote:
clarky999 but you would expect to get what you paid for. If you buy 8 points and use 4 you expect to have 4 left.

I've no experience of either Seefeld or points cards but good luck to ednash and welcome to snowHead s.

I suspect the problem is this:

Jimmybog wrote:
Just returned from Seefeld and my wife had two points cards. Did not notice that any points were going missing. I assume you are aware that the lifts at the beginner slopes are all 1 point each but the chair lifts at the other mountains are all 2 to 4 points each. The Funicular to Roshutte is 7 points each way. Were you expecting all lifts (chairs, drags, T Bars) to be 1 point each and have maybe miscalculated?

ednash, apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Points cards are generally pointless for all except beginners. But if the OP's points were being eaten up quicker than they should have been, given the "tariff" of each of the lifts taken, then that's really not good.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Points cards are generally pointless for all except beginners. But if the OP's points were being eaten up quicker than they should have been, given the "tariff" of each of the lifts taken, then that's really not good.

This is true. As soon as the beginner classes started moving to the Gschwandkopf hill then people had to start buying 1 or 2 day ski passes. During my week skiing, even though part of the time was on the geigenbuhl and birkenlift slopes, I would never of got away with point cards. Also some people didn't realise that the magic carpert on the Birkenlift side also uses up 1 point, which I thought was a bit of a rip off as its only a very short ride on it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apparently if you don't move quickly through the turnstile then points can be deducted twice by the sensor....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy