Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Review: Arabba - Sella Ronda

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When: 11th-18th March 2012
Where: Arabba
Who: early 30s couple
Operator: Ski Total
Accomodation: Heidi
Equipment: Nico

Summary: Suprisingly snowy

The Slopes:
I have no idea what grooming secrets the Sella folks know - but they work. Excellent spring conditions on well maintained runs through green fields! I've spent years being told the Italian snow is less reliable and avoiding as a result, but it turns out they learnt to make the absolute most of what they have - would have no hesitation in booking again.

The map is daunting (and useless) and the slopes mostly rather easy, but the challenge of navigating, and sheer size of the area will keep any intermediates happy for a week. Love the free slalom course in selva (36:30 in heavy slush if anyone wants to compare notes Smile) and the beginner friendly park towards San Cassiano (I rode a box! really badly Skullie with a class of 8 year olds Embarassed ) as well as the plentiful availability of uncrowded, stylish and not too horrendously priced mountain restaurants. The one at the top of dantercepies was a favourite.

Orange circuit way more fun than the green - favourite slopes were between Arabba and Selva - lots of long reds which aren't too samey with pretty views.

The Village:
Just big enough for the lift to be irritatingly far in the morning and evening snowHead but has all the basics of life and reasonably attractive. Plenty of cafes for a bit of apres ski relaxing.

The Accomodation:
Designed by a very large engineer Very Happy the entire place is hewn from supersize materials and with industrial levels of lighting! Once you find all the off switches and learn not to try and move the chairs one handed you will appreciate Chalet Heidi is a very generously sized and well finished chalet - only downside for us is the lounge setup isn't very cosy - bench type seating all around. It's about 100m too far from the lifts imo, but I'm notoriously lazy!

Tour op: Ski Total
Much better on this trip - excellent ski host and rep and young but helpful host who kept the place immaculate. Note the transfer was from Innsbruck - long, but very scenic! At the airport my tip is use the table service area of the restaurant, mostly the same food as the self serve, but for only 1E more you get to sit in peace and tranquility for an hour instead of the table bunfight in the 'canteen' side.

Ski Hire: Nico
Good equipment, no issues with our prebooked voucher and let us change skis but I would note that the kiwi in the centre of town might be more handy for leaving skis - it's on the way to both lifts (in the centre of town) whereas the nico is under the gondola - excellent for gondola but leaves you quite a hike from burz chairlift.

If you'd like to know anything else just ask, thought it was long enough already!

aj xxx
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy