Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resort artwork

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Quick question, does anyone know of any reasonably priced online shops for old school ski resort prints, picked a couple up on my travels but would like to find some more that I have seen and ones that I haven't. I have found one such place but the prints were £95 - £125:shock: . Thinking more like £10-15.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skrabble, this sort of thing? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chamonix-Winter-Sports-Travel-30x40cm/dp/B001VBXAFE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332197733&sr=8-2&tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Exactly pam w, thanks for that. If anyone knows any more please post.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
lots on amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Winter-Sports-Switzerland-LHiver-Vintage/dp/B006UR9RO2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1332199298&sr=8-9&tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Loving this!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you mean high quality old school photographic prints, they would have been individually hand printed (often painstakingly) using archive/museum quality chemicals.

So I think £10-15 is probably highly unlikely.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Walter-Spitty, not after that sort of stuff, just the basic prints that pam w has linked. One day maybe. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skrabble, oh I understand now. I know from a friend who is into civil aviation that those types of prints (that pam w linked to) can be highly collectable and sought after these days. Edit: I've just realised they are reprints of the originals.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You're looking for these Editions Clouet - not sure if they supply direct but you could emailing export@clouet.com to ask. They might be able to tell you UK stockists if nothing else.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have a look at these (not all skiing).

http://www.vinmag.com/online/catshow/Sports_Posters/vintage-sport-pictures.html
http://www.vinmag.com/online/catshow/Rail_and_Air_Travel_Posters/vintage-travel-posters.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skrabble, If your budget ever expands www.posterclassics.com sell vintage posters with canvas backing at decent prices ranging from £45 to around £1,500 -Some are signed by the original artist and whilst not one off originals, their age and scarcity reduce the chance of you seeing them elsewhere like for instance Jack Vettriano who produces fabulous art which is sadly devalued as it's in every other home, Macdonalds et al.

Perhaps you may consider just one decent, rarer example? Puzzled

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 20-03-12 11:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think I need one of these to compete with my girlfriend's French "Singing in the Rain" (Chantons sous la pluie) poster...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skrabble, also worth getting in touch with the tourist office of resorts you want. I got some excellent posters sent to me by Lech tourist office for around €20
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. At the reprint stage in life now, I had managed to pick up some in Chamonix & Tignes but there are more out there for these resorts which are pretty cool and also other resorts I have been to that I was unable to find when in resort.
Cheers and keep them coming.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ebay. Search for vintage ski poster.

Whether Jack Vettriano produces fabulous art, or tat, is a matter of debate... Wink
snow report
James the Last,
Quote:
Whether Jack Vettriano produces fabulous art, or tat, is a matter of debate... Wink
I'd hang one of his original works, but as they've gone for >£500,000 and even the cheapest at £25,000 which is somewhat in excess of my most expensive piece so an acquisition like that is unlikely. Crying or Very sad Besides, spending that amount would break our own rule that all our art is there top brighten our lives and make us smile, and as you say, taste is entirely a different discussion - Apart from a couple of very large vintage Razzia posters everthing else has been collected slowly, with a limited budget and each is an original. I can think of nothing worse than seeing the same art hanging everwhere you go or anywhere else I go. (Putting flak jacket in anticipation of elitist abuse Embarassed )
ski holidays
[quote="Jivebaby"]James the Last,
Quote:
Apart from a couple of very large vintage Razzia posters

I used to get that magazine, but my wife would seriously call the line about me putting any of the pictures up on the wall
snow report
sev112,
Quote:
I used to get that magazine,
Magazine?

Razzia has been producing these classic posters since the early 1980's the iconic ones around 160cm x 120cm professionally mounted aren't something clipped out of a magazine - they can easily be as much as a small second hand car. Example = http://www.arteauto.com/cigarsoriginalposterbyrazzia.aspx
snow report
Quote: I used to get that magazine, but my wife would seriously call the line about me putting any of the pictures up on the wall

Ha ha. Best response if the day!
A centrefold poster would look good on a chalet wall.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy