Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens: general advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear Snowheads (partic those lucky ones who have got to go to the EOSB's). Have just booked last minute dash to VT for 8-15 April.

Issues:
1. Ski school or not? Intermediate family group of varying abilities: Demon 14 year old girl can ski black naturals and anything with right person/instructor alongside; mother - reds/blues (but skied her first two blacks in Courcheval 1850 this year!); father blues/reds; younger sister 12 -blues and poss reds. What to do? Is there a good ski school for kids -they loved New Gen in Val D last year.
Anything similar? Anybody that might ski guide/coach for us as a group that Snowheads might know of?

2. Good value /reasonable quality mountain restos that are not too dear for family of 4? Any recommendations?

3. Any feedback re Chalet Marley Alpine Elements?

4. Any good tips about area itself: good runs, bottlenecks for chairlifts etc. Places to ski in am and pm?

5. Good ski shop to hire equipment? Last year first year we found ski shop in resort that kept our equipment overnight. Loved it! No schlepping with heavy boots etc and kids moaning abotu carrying skis. Anywhere similar in VT?

Thanks to anyone responding!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Good ski shop to hire equipment?
I think I'm right in saying that Bergmeister recently hired somewhere online in advance for Val T and not only saved quite a bit but also got cashback via the Quidco website.....I'm sure he'll be along to advise in due course.

On a general note, on our last couple of visits to the 3Vs, we've found Val T to be really busy compared to the other 2Vs - so it may be worth exploring everywhere. Above Courchevel 1600 was generally quite quiet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If VT is busy work your way down the valley towards St Martin de Bellville (snow conditions permitting), couple of great runs down there (jerusalem's a must) and also a nice laid back route over to Meribel valley.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bobalexander1983, Hi! Do you mind specifyign which runs to St M ( and wil ti still be OK there at thsi tiem of year as it looks a bit low on paper) and what route would you suggest to Meribel valley? Thx
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you take the Plein Sud lift up from resort hub then either the 3 Valleys 2 chair or the cable car (can't remember the name). Initially follow signs for Les Menuires, taking the right hand piste at any junctions you come to, then follow signs for St Martin. from there you can get the chair back up to the top (St Martin 1 &2) and either go for a shot of Jerusalem or ski down to Meribel (chair will say access Meribel or words to such effect). If the snow is poor at St Martin, avoid Meribel as it's even lower, and a sun trap.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Le Monde bar (just down from the Frog) happy hour 4-6 large beers E2.50
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, was out there March 3 to 10.
I've made a little video that shows some of the runs. The first one is the blue from Funitel Peclet which is a must for a first run of the holiday.
The Lac de Chambre down towards Meribel is a lovely easy red if its not too busy (early in the day)
Sorry about the quality, much better on my computer but loses it on Youtube

http://youtube.com/v/N-WBE0bX47I&feature=g-upl&context=G29d0e1eAUAAAAAAAAAA
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy