Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Attraxion 6 or 8?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, and sorry to bother you with yet another 'Which ski?' question.

Having recently had a string of variously skiddy/flappy/unresponsive hire skis, I'm off to buy what I hope will become my pride and joys tomorrow. Very Happy

My all-time favourite hired pair (a long time ago!) were 152cm Rossi Cobra's, followed by (most recently) some Attraxion 3s (not the latest models). These were what decided me to take the plunge. They weren't skiddy or flappy, and I trusted them. But they didn't seem quite as lively as what I remembered of the Cobras. So, looking at threads here, internet reviews and whatnot, and speaking to the man at the shop, it seems that the new 6s could be just the job. Would you tend to agree? Or should I be looking at the slightly wider, higher spec 8s? (The shop has both.)

I like red runs best, and blacks sometimes. Moguls remain a trial and powder is a mystery, but I'm hoping one day that might change!

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowmum123, I have Rossi Attraxion 6 skis, roughly 2008 vintage I think. I can confirm they are not skiddy, flappy or unresponsive. They are very stable, hold a good edge, equally good at long and short turns and cope very well with icy conditions. They are quite heavy, so I think they suit a heavier/physically stronger skier (I'm a big heavy rufty tufty biker chick wink ). Looking at the specs, the 8 is wider, so may not be quite so good at the short radius turns, but weight-wise they seem about the same. The only thing I struggle with is slush. It might well be a technique thing rather than the skis. I just seem to sink in it and my body appears to want to go faster than the skis. Cue lots of amusing almost over the handlebars moments.

Overall I think mine are good skis and I'm really glad I bought them. I've had my fair share of flappy and skiddy hire skis in the past and having skis you know and trust is a huge benefit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, Thank you for replying so quickly. I wouldn't describe myself as 'physically stronger', but both the Cobras and the 3s were quite heavy so, provided they weren't even heavier, I think I'd be OK with that. (Did you find the actual weights somewhere? I've just looked at the Rossi site but can't see them there.)

But looking at the width dimensions, it looks as if it might be the current 8s that correspond most closely to the older 6s, which you and other SHs seem very happy with. (I've seen comments somewhere that the new 4 corresponds to the old 3 - all very confusing!) That's what set me wondering at the last minute whether the 6s are the right ones.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowmum123, my skis are these ones:

http://www.ski-mag.com/equipment/skis/article/rossignol-attraxion-vi-08-09?id=19460

I know they weigh 7kg in their ski bag (well, that's according to airport scales and let's face it, they like to overstate the weight thing a bit don't they?). Looking at the comparison table you're correct that the latest Attraxion 8 Echo seems to be closer in specification to mine than the Attraxion 6 Echo. I'm assuming the weight thing since the construction specifications seem to be the same. There's a table on TGR with a comparison of ski weights but mine don't appear to be on the list.

Do you live anywhere near a snowdome? If so you might be able to demo both skis to help make your mind up.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, trying them both would be ideal, but I don't think any of the 'trying' places have the 6s - and I've found another shop anyway. The picture of yours do look much wider than anything I've skied before, so I'll probably stick with the shape I know and go for the 6s (and save a few pounds). ... I think ... Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for your help, queen bodecia.

Quick update: I did buy the 6s (in the sale), and very nice they are too - to look at and admire. But it'll probably be next season before they get used. Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowmum123, great news. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know this is resurrecting an old thread but I spotted a pair of Rossignol Attraxion in Decathalon today they are only £129.99 including bindings! I know I keep saying Its not worth me buyI got skis but I was serious tempted at that price.

There was no number listed so are they the same as these being discussed?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here is the link

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/attraxion-womens-skis-id_8286057.html
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I skied attraxions and loved them, was tempted to buy some in a sale but they'd sold out, so I've bought rossignol temptation which seem to be a step up and hopefully what I like! I never thought Id buy skis either but we've taken the plunge this year!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They were different to those in the link though?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NickyJ, Hmm. Those don't sound the same and the lack of a number is a bit strange. I have some ancient Attraxion V, red graphics with a wee mirror on the front rolling eyes bought second hand for £100 yonks ago. I used them earlier this week when afraid of smacking my new skis on stones.

Also, they don't actually seem to have any of the sizes in stock, on your link?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is what I am trying to work out as there is no number after them?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pam w, the website doesn't have stock but they had several pairs in the Southampton branch I was at earlier. Always dangerous going there Happy still my eldest has new gloves, goggles and helmet which was he point of going not too many other things creeped into the basket (though those skis came close!)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NickyJ, they seem quite different to the ones I had in terms of dimensions and weight. I don't have mine any more, I bought Atomic Cloud D2 73 last season.
snow report
@NickyJ, I'd be dubious - I suspect they'd be better suited to a much more beginnerish girly skier. wink
ski holidays
@queen bodecia, thanks for looking.

@pam w, possibly but don't forget I am a cripple now who needs to take things nice and easy wink
snow report
We popped in just now to get our youngest a pair of ski trousers as she had out grown hers, and those same ski's were down to £99! Hubby bought me them as a mothers day present Happy don't know if I will be able to add ski carriage at this late stage but not a problem if not as ski hire already booked.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy