Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Ducs De Savoie, Val D'Isere - Location & Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked up for Hotel Ducs De Savoie in Val D'Isere in April. Can anyone tell me where exactly the hotel is located and the best/most convenient ski hire shop?

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Discussed in another thread, see
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1958812#1958812
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Booked up for Hotel Ducs De Savoie in Val D'Isere in April. Can anyone tell me where exactly the hotel is located

I don't think I'd book a hotel in a big resort without knowing exactly where it is! there's surely no excuse these days for a TO not putting a location map on their web-site, unless they've got something to hide.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've stayed in the Ducs de Savoie. It's located just back from the main road through Val D'Isere. About 3 or 4 minutes walk from the tourist office. About 7 or 8 minutes walk in ski boots, slightly uphill, to the main lifts of Solaise Express and Olympique Gondola. I liked the location in that it was very central for the town but far enough back from the main road to avoid being too noisy. Quite handy for the free buses too, eg if you happen to want to bus it to/from La Daille or La Fornet. The hotel address is Rue Olympique, 73150 Val d'Isere, France, if you wanted to see it on a map website.
As for equipment hire, I was impressed with Snowberry last year. Their shop is located near where the buses turn around, close to the main lifts, about 10 minutes walk or 1 bus stop from Ducs de Savoie. All main equipment outlets seem to have a presence in Val D so may be worth a search of ski equipment reviews.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's up the wee lane directly behind Le Savoie Hotel (see pic below). Great for the shops and restaurants etc and the bus stop for the free shuttle bus is directly outside the entrance to the lane.

The lane itself is a bit shabby but the hotel is ok and as mentioned above, being away from the street is nice and quiet. Best thing about it is having the sherpa store right next door as well for snacks etc.

The shop that was used for ski hire when we were there last week was just up the road and about 45 seconds walk away.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy