Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1600 or BSM Baggage Storage, help please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can you tell me the best place to store my gear in Les Arcs 1600 or Bourg St Maurice.

I will be arriving on a Saturday morning in BSM. I will be staying in Arcs 1600 - checking in time 17.00 onwards. I want to ski for the day, and then collect my stuff. I read that there may be a place next to the funiculaire that offers this service.

I am not comfortable leaving my gear in the accommodation ski room, or something like that.

Thanks for your help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JayDub, You are thinking of Polaire Star at BSM funicular who will store your luggage
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
polaire star at the bottom of the funicular definitely offer this service, however that would mean a round trip at the end of the day - there may be a place at the top as well. Polaire star, as far as I'm aware, is run by gordon and rosie, english (scottish?) ex-pats, so language is less of a barrier
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I left a bag at the ski hire shop at 1600 once, but I would have thought the hotel was more secure
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi JayDub,

There is a left luggage at the station in Bourg St Maurice.

If you are standing outside the front of the train station with your back to the station it is on the right hand side in a white portacabin. You have to pay for it and it would mean a round trip at the end of the day, but it is secure.

Have a great holiday!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JayDub, the left luggage at BSM that Snow and Sunshine, mention doesn't open till 0900 as we found out last Saturday, I have used the ski shop at 1600 to leave ski gear was Twinner think its now Skimium, we had the same problem as you and left our gear at the chalet we where staying at.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all very much indeed for your help. Can you tell me what time Polaire Star opens please holidayloverxx,?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can't remember sorry, but it's not particularly early. It will be on their website
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JayDub, Polaire star is open by 8.30am each morning. If you are coming on the train, then have your breakfast at the cafe near the station and then go to the changing room/toilets by the funicular or at the railway station to change for skiing. Get your lift passes if needed and then go to the shop. You can then leave your bags and get the 8.40am Funi up ready for the lifts in Arc 1600 to open at 9.15am. Have a full days skiing and come down to collect your bags (takes 7min on funi each way) then go back up to where you are staying. Not really very difficult.

My advice is not to leave bags at the railway station as it is a good 10min walk to the funi. Plus it opens later as has already been said.

Even better would be to check with the chalet/hotel where you are staying as many have a room to leave your gear on arrival/departure days to allow you to ski when checking in/out. Hope that helps.

For more details about Les Arcs go to the Les Arcs season thread in the snow reports section or on my facebook page. have a good holiday.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
left luggage at BSM update, it closes at 19.00, go to the bar across the road lots of space for luggage and their food is simple but good.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all of you help everyone. All sorted now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy