Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avis Tries Harder

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Salutary tale for Snowheads.

I pre-booked a hire car through Avis, as a "prefered" partner of Flybe.

The pre-booked rental cost from Chambery for 6 days was Euro 249.89

I was charged the following on top of this;-
Airport/railway surcharge Euro 39.10
Vehicle License Fee Euro 21.01
Super CDW Euro 104.99
Fuel Up Front Option Euro 83.85
Counter Products (Chains - not used) Euro 67.49

TOTAL Euro 541.35

Seemed a little steep particularly Airport/railway surcharge, given that the car was booked through an airline from an airport. And Vehicle License Fee, given that presumably the car needs to be licensed by AVIS. And I replaced the fuel that I had used (I accept that I should have read the small print!), but I did not request this option in the first place.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
^ would seem a local issue, I book with Avis both through Flybe bookings and direct with Avis probably once per month for work travel to a few countries and have never encountered this, generally going through Flybe works out a few quid cheaper with restricted car choice sometimes. One thing definitely worth it with Avis is to sign up to their "Avis Preferred" loyalty program, you can jump the queues at pick up and they will generally give you the best car avaialable within your range at pickup (or will upgrade you over non-members if stock is short). Also a good choice of cars at good prices from their "select" model range direct from their website - although not sure if this is restricted only to the Preferred members.

Surely the "fuel up front" was taken away again if you returned the car full?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy