Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski bag - hard case or soft case?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have finally taken the plunge and bought skis! I'll be carrying 2 sets of skis, is it best to buy a hard case or the normal soft bags?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wondered about that, but hard cases weigh (and cost) a lot more. I've compromised with a soft but structured one (i.e. on wheels and has fairly rigid ends) and I put all my clothes, boots and everything else in too, as padding. They get far more bashing around on piste than in the average transport I guess.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Came back via Bristol on Saturday. The ski bags were literally being thrown out of the hold down onto a luggage cart.

HTH wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a twin roller ski bag, now ditched it for a lightweight padded bag. Always take 2 sets and pay for 1 ski carriage, extra weight of the roller bag was making that impossible to comply with airline allowances.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman wrote:
I had a twin roller ski bag, now ditched it for a lightweight padded bag. Always take 2 sets and pay for 1 ski carriage, extra weight of the roller bag was making that impossible to comply with airline allowances.

You liar !

Your maths is terrible !

You must have been very unlucky !

Blah, blah, blah,

Etc. .. wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84109 Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Carried two sets of fats in a double ski, soft padded K2 branded bag from S&R for the first time last week. Bag was one season old and had accomodated one pair of fats, one pair of skinnies previously.

Had a lot of bother getting the zip closed due to ski width. On arrival in Chamonix found that one brake leg had pierced the bag and the stitching around one end of the shoulder strap has ripped apart. Disaster on trip home averted by liberal application of duct tape.

Bit pi$$ed off as feel the ripped shoulder strap mounting should be able to easily handle two pairs of skis - it is a double ski bag after all. But have sneaking suspicion that fat skis put unforeseen strain on said mounting. Still surprised it was so weak tho.

Still not convinced of case for hard cases though.

Snokart stuff looks pricey but good.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
QuiverKiller inserts, two sets of skis in a single soft ski bag and way under the weight allowance. Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When we broke down on the way back from Les Arc and had to train it with the complete contents of my friends car as luggage we managed to fit three pairs of skis, plus poles in my salomen single ski bag. Weighed a bloody tonne, but got the kit back home.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mosha Marc, +1
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We traded our Dakine double roller in for a double Sportube a couple of years ago, no regrets at all. Always used to worry about the ski's getting thrown around in the soft bag, and used to spend ages packing the bag out to protect them only to find everything had shifted around at the other end of the flight anyway. I find the tube easier to carry and wheel around too, as the two halves 'slide' closed to the actual length of the skis rather than having spare length on the bag. Fits in the car better for the same reason too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Big Paua, I travel with brakes in the ski position to try and stop that happening....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.facewest.co.uk/Dakine-Fall-Line-Double.html. Ta da! Hurry up though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
moffatross, I'm doing that terrible Sleazyjet thing next trip, 20kg + 12kg = 32kg total, 2 sets in the new HEAD World Cup Rebels double ski back weighs about 16 kg, boots in carry on baggage gets my hold bag down to 16kg, so bang on the money, at least that's the plan. Old HEAD roller was more than 2kg heavier.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the advice. Am thinking of a padded soft case. I have a pair of 167's and the wife 146's. Will we need to get a double bag or could we fit them into a single???? Puzzled
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TOOTIE, you could fit both of those into the Head Travel Board Bag.
I have one and my skis are 156, but I tested it with both mine and a pair of 168s in and it still zipped up (far less room for clothes etc though with 2 pairs in).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy