Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My favourite ski book...

Poster: A snowHead
... is currently the Crystal Ski brochure for next season. Sad

Anyone else already planning ahead for next year and very jealous of the forummers heading off in the next month or so? Puzzled It's funny how attractive catalogue's become as the temperature outside creeps up.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its my favourite book too at the moment and the website!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The old Good skiing guides are worth reading. So much better than the newer where to ski and snowboard guides. Much more information, no adverts and proper piste plans to scale so that you can preoperly compare resorts. There must still be plenty for sale on Amazon and in second hand shops ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
War and Piste.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 old Good Skiing Guides

Another brochure I like, and packed with info too, is the "Guide des Stations en Savoie Mont Blanc". It lists just about every french ski resort between Lake Geneva and Mont Thabor complete with lift prices and details of all the facilities.

http://smbt.g-r-c.fr/userfile/file/1313058761_SMB2011_guidStations_ok.pdf
http://www.savoie-mont-blanc.com/

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 13-03-12 14:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
altis, I'd not seen that one before - v good for "at a glance" information and some nice pictures too. There's such a huge range.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mine too! Already planning trips for sure Smile

In fact guys, if any of you would be so kind, you can help me plan one trip by helping me win a week in Canada. Just takes a second to vote on my image and absolutely no spamming involved. Just gotta click the link, then click Vote/Thumbs up (sorry for the plug, it is shameful, but would be so worth it I am sure you would agree Smile come on fellow Snowheads Smile

http://www.crescentspurheliskiing.com/shameforgain/2011/12/the-three-stages-of-the-skiier-beginner-intermediate-advanced/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
oh, and the Where to Ski and Snowboard has to be THE BEST book! Love that book... Skiers Bible!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, yer, I picked up a hardcopy while in the Office de Tourisme in St Jean de Maurienne the other week. I was glad to find it online too to pass around - though the pictures look nicer in print Wink

They also had wall posters of the map on pages 4/5 for, I think €10.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm looking forward to reading Squallywood - anyone read it?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ADAC ski atlas of Europe updated every year and completely unbiased evaluations of just about every resort in Europe including many most have never heard of. Fun to flick through to see how some old favourites halved changed and to discover new and completely unpronounceable ones.

Slight hiccup though, as far as I know it is only published in German! Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sarah, reading War and Piste on holiday this week. Very very funny!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
White weekends by Tim Robbins is excellent, as is War and Piste
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well sort of a ski book, Skis against the Atom
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
War & Piste (by Alex Thomas) for me too! Hilarious, gripping, and scarily true (if you've done a season)... Anyone know if there's likely to be a sequel?
latest report
kat.ryb wrote:
sarah, reading War and Piste on holiday this week. Very very funny!

Was in innsbruck airport at the weekend - couldn't help but think of that book - excellent...
latest report
Cham, I feel like I am in it.
latest report
War and Piste (Read last week)
Tears in the Snow (Arnie Wilson) Sad
Where to Ski
latest report
The Mountain Responder - http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Responder-Steve-Achelis/dp/1608441075?tag=amz07b-21
Excellent read, a collection of journal entries from a US based mountain rescuer.

Reading Warn and Piste - rather girly

Deep Powder Snow: Forty-Years of Ecstatic Skiing, Avalanches, and Earth Wisdom - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1882308212?redirect=true&condition=all&tag=amz07b-21
An old classic about the passion for powder skiing and taking it step further to a spiritual status. - Some good bits when concentrating on the skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy