Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last mintue holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everybody,

Myself and the girlfriend just found out that we are able to take next week off.

So the plan would be to fly out this sat or sun.

I've went snowboarding a couple of times before but my girlfriend is a complete beginner.

Any recommendations or advice on where to go in order to get good conditions?

I was thinking Val Thorens, but am nervous about picking somewhere and arrive and the conditions not being great.

Thanks,
Ross
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rossy00, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Val Thorens should be fine - if conditions are bad there (which is unlikely) they'll be a lot worse almost everywhere else.

Make sure the GF gets lessons - don't try to teach her yourself if you want her to stay your GF. wink

Have fun!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, would agree with VT, easy access to slopes and plenty beginner areas right beside town. And more advanced terrain to work towards.

Although it's not the prettiest, so if she got an image of log fires and pretty alpine charm, then that's not VT
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies guys.

I was in VT last year myself so at least we'd know where we were going.

I think it's a toss up now between Maribel and VT, i have a friend working in La Tania so I hope to be able to board over to him, all depends how good my girlfriend

gets.

I'll definitely let her get lessons, the first time I went I tried let someone I went with teach me, biggest mistake I could of made.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I think it's a toss up now between Maribel and VT

Meribel might be getting pretty slushy - it's very warm out there! VT will, I think, be less intimidating for your girlfriend - those runs back down into Meribel can be intimidating at the end of the day, especially if there are heaps of slush everywhere.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stay in VT you will still be able to make your way over to la tania from there
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy