Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI members (did you get a questionnaire from Tania ?)

Poster: A snowHead
Also posted on the BASI facebook section.

At the last AGM I asked if Tania could let all the BASI members know that the BASI mag is available either On-Line or via the Post (printed copy). Excellent that BASI has posted out a card to everyone to ask them for their opinions.

I honestly don’t know if members would like their BASI mag posted out to them, or to get it via email. But the only thing I would hope is that, now Tania has done lots of work in having the questionnaire produced and posted out, that everyone can at least complete the card and send it back to BASI.

Ci vediamo presto in Dolomiti di Brenta, possibilmente ?
(not everyone works in France wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wayne, I can't see your post on Facebook?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I completed and returned my card Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1,

Yeah - sorry about that.

I posted it onto the BASI Members Group on FB

I think it's on the right page now, if not can you post a link to the "real" basi page as there seems to be so many..

(Is it just me or does anyone else find the new FB layout REALLY daft)

kevinrhead wrote:
I completed and returned my card Smile

Cheers. I don't really care if anyone agrees with me - that the BASI mag should be posted out, rather than just hidden somewhere on the BASI site. My only concern was that some people did not know they could have it posted out to them.

Apart from the mag, what else do we get from BASI to show they love all us folk south of the border, if you're not booked onto a course. So by effectivly getting rid of the mag (no an email ain't the same IMO) ....etc, been said already.

I know that e mails are a shed load cheaper - but hey, just thought I would ask the question; it's up to people how they respond.

Cheers to Tania for getting the card out to everyone so quick.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yes I got a card.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just had a FB post from BASI - hope it's legal to cut and paste it here, oh well ;-0

Here it is

Thanks for taking time to make your first Facebook post! We have had a great response (around 1000 returns so far as a guestimate) and we are going through them all. We will let all Members know the summary results in BASI news 106 due out in June. Thanks to all who have taken the time to fill out the questionnaire both online and the reply paid card. Ciao!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I replied online wanting the email cos a paper mag would go to my home address in the UK while I'm out in France. But choice is a good thing, and I'm glad Basi have allowed that. If 95% of the members voted for one thing then I would support them in making that the choice for everyone, but I'm guessing that there will be a reasonable number of both.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simon_bates,
Yep I agree. I can't get the mags sent to Italy. But after talking to Tania I "think" that some people still get a printed copy anyway and the card thing was just to ask if you personaly wanted it via post or e mail.

Not sure though - maybe Beanie1 could clarify ?

My point at the AGM was just to ask that people were made aware of the possibility of still getting a printed copy.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wayne, I had already contacted BASI requesting a paper mag (found out on snowheads I could ask), as never read pdf as not as easy to flick through.
Filed in questionnaire online, as forgot to post card before going skiing.. Shocked

I have now recieved all forthcoming election bumf on paper, I would rather that was online... Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
personally I responded asking for a paper version as I, like others have said, prefer something to actual flick through rather than an email / PDF. But if the majority of people go for electronic then so be it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The quality of the PDF and the fact the layout appears to be designed for print and is often nonsensical as a PDF has led me to opt for the paper version, also the fact that there appears to be no notice when a new issue is made available persuaded me slightly.

I agree with Dunk about the election information, mainly due to the fact that there are several pages of information specifically for those within a certain discipline. I guess it probably would've been more expensive to produce two batches rather than add pages.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wayne, yes, the survey is to ask members' how they personally want to receive their BASI News, it is not a majority decision.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If anyone hasn't received the card through being abroad (or any other reason) then the link for deciding what you want is: www.surveymonkey.com/s/TLLQHCN
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The survey will be kept open for another 2 weeks.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've had one and returned it. I was in favour of a paper copy as primarily the pdf does not really view too well.
snow report
Yes I did and filled. Made me realise that I get neither a paper copy nor a pdf just e-mails. Will sort.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy