Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hot Tub Time Machine Speedos and WTF or FWT advice please

Poster: A snowHead
OK off to La Tania on Friday, and we have a hot tub Toofy Grin so now I am over 50 is it Buggie Smugglers (speedos) (have my orginal 70's bay watch ones!!!) some nice 90's italian spandex trunks??? or am I finally past it and have to get a pair of F*ing boarder come surf pants. All advise welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just in case a couple of different views below!

http://youtube.com/v/K2pdZ_szlHA

http://youtube.com/v/XtSGH1V2QWI&feature=related

I need help, after all Speedos take up very little packing space Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
budgie smugglers get my vote Toofy Grin

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My OH is older than you and he refuses to wear board shorts! I have bought him some of the shorts style Speedos though, to replace the ones with the high cut leg Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
livetoski, Have been seriously traumatised in the past by some of the bods seen wearing those!! Shocked
So my vote is definitely for the shorts Cool wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
board shorts
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
livetoski, If you are past it and have a paunch then the long shorts. If you've got the figure for them then flaunt it in the speedos.

B.t.w. todays new fact learned is that I'd never heard the term budgie/budgy/bugie/buggie smugglers before Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Men have to wear Speedos, or shorts-style ones in our local spa.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mankini Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sequoiaboard wrote:
mankini Very Happy

And only £9.99 from here:
http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/borat-mankini.html

Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Budgie Smugglers are for gays, closeted gays and serious swimmers ONLY. The same could be said of spandex trunks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
a trip to Austria will put and end to your costume dramas - everyone's buck naked there (in the spas) Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum,
Quote:

B.t.w. todays new fact learned is that I'd never heard the term budgie/budgy/bugie/buggie smugglers before Laughing

OMG what a sheltered life you have had Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, Ha ha ha - In this case, would prefer the speedos!! Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shorts type speedos double as ski underwear Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
livetoski, it's true - a completely new term - I wouldn't even had a wild guess that it was a pair of speedos if I'd been asked it in a quiz. Most odd as I do like to think not too sheltered either as Kooky might atest to. I've just run the term past my parents as well and they looked at my blankly too!
snow report
Megamum, have a little rummage on t'internet mum - all will be revealed, perhaps literally.
snow conditions
red 27,
Quote:

all will be revealed

Laughing Laughing Megamum, but its on TV the Fosters advert its run for the last year or so!
oh and red 27, yep Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Finland just about everywhere but the good old UK
snow report
Walter-Spitty wrote:
Budgie Smugglers are for gays, closeted gays and serious swimmers ONLY. The same could be said of spandex trunks.

Well I wear them because I am a serious swimmer, but I disagree with you, and so does pretty well the whole of France.

In almost all public pools in France, shorts are simply not permitted.
snow conditions
Speedo for me, just in case I've got to race somebody in the pool.
ski holidays
Being purely practical, Speedos dry more quickly than those daft long things. How about "shorts" style Speedos i.e. above the knee?
snow conditions
France is the only place in the world where speedos don`t even raise an eyebrow..... my spiritual home!!
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
Walter-Spitty wrote:

Well I wear them because I am a serious swimmer, but I disagree with you, and so does pretty well the whole of France.

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole of France did disagree with me, but if you go to a public pool then it stands to reason that you're interested in swimming and therefore budgie smugglers are acceptable. They just make men look completely ridiculous in my opinion.

www.queerty.com/fosters-insists-budgie-smugglers-sunscreen-commercial-was-satirizing-homophobia-not-endorsing-it-20110307/
snow report
livetoski, Well I can recall many of the Fosters 'good call' ads, but I don't think I've seen that one before - I've just found it on the internet though. Mind you when you look through the Google hits I'm not the only one who had never heard the term. I guess, the terminology is for...........err..........the fairly obvious reason? Though I would think most men would be a miffed to be compared in size to a budgie!! Laughing
snow report
I grew up with Speedo, Arena just didn't do the business. Travelled the country racing in Speedo. Impossible to swim properly in shorts.
snow conditions
Well if James Bond can wear them Laughing

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/daniel-craig/images/765169/title/speedo-o7-photo
snow report
he seems to be checking up on something........

and those aren't proper French speedos.

those hot tubs are full of bugs.....
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:
I grew up with Speedo, Arena just didn't do the business. Travelled the country racing in Speedo. Impossible to swim properly in shorts.

And me.

When I was in school, you had those two brands for serious swimmers, and anybody else would have something in an inferior material, but still the same basic shape.

I don't recall shorts being used as regular swimwear before the 80's, and not commonplace until later than that.

And I really don't understand how anybody who is doing more than playing around in the water can bear to wear them, they just get in the way of any proper swimming stroke.
ski holidays
If it's your hot tub, then commando is the call.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
go to Austria and leave them behind
snow report
alex_heney, I've been swimming in beach shorts a few times, it's like towing a parachute behind you. Loads more effort and miles slower.

I gave up competitive swimming long before the introduction of Speedo Sharkskin and I've never tried it, might get a pair to help a bit.
snow report
livetoski, If its your hot tub, you can wear what you like, but sometimes in France they are a bit funny about surfer shorts & insist on speedos in public pools/hot tubs. I had to invest in a pair for my OH in Jan before he was allowed in to the local pool - shorts type, so not too indecent Laughing
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
Walter-Spitty wrote:

Since when has the opinion of the French been a valid argument?

In any case, it's purely a fashion/prejudice thing on their part. They say they you can't wear shorts because of hygeine. Which is blatant nonsense because everyone's getting in the pool with their sweaty ballsacks and so on, and then there's the kids pissing everywhere etc. etc. - a few pairs of board shorts isn't going to make any difference... Anyway that's what chlorine's for...
ski holidays
Arguments in favour of speedo's 'for swimming' are hardly relevant in a hot tub eh? wink

Walter-Spitty, has it right, only gay men wear speedos for anything other than serious swimming.
snow report
Where's that picture of Frosty the Snowman demonstrating what to wear in the EoSB hot tub Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

Arguments in favour of speedo's 'for swimming' are hardly relevant in a hot tub eh?

Exactly - and arguments about hygiene aren't too relevant either, given that the things are a bacteria soup.
snow report
Definitely NOT speedos unless you want to give people a laugh.
snow report
Bored shorts.

That's on a 23 year old and a 53 year old.

You don't walk around in pants outside so why do it in a pool/hot tub??
snow conditions
This music video should answer your question:

http://youtube.com/v/wyx6JDQCslE
ski holidays
Axsman wrote:
Arguments in favour of speedo's 'for swimming' are hardly relevant in a hot tub eh? wink

Walter-Spitty, has it right, only gay men wear speedos for anything other than serious swimming.

Absolute and utter tripe.
ski holidays
bobmcstuff wrote:
alex_heney wrote:
Walter-Spitty wrote:

Since when has the opinion of the French been a valid argument?

Well if that happnes to be wheer teh OP is going, then he will need to take account of their rules.

Quote:

In any case, it's purely a fashion/prejudice thing on their part.

As is this ridiculous idea that there is something "wrong" with wearing speedos or similar.

Which is and idea that is very much an American import.

Actually, the French requirement for no shorts is NOT purely a fashion thing. I don't have any links at the moment, but studies have shown that the more clothing is worn in a pool or spa bath, then the more often the filters have to be renewed/replaced, due to larger quantities of fibres.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy