Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just about to book so which one of 3 resorts in Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Just about to book a for next weekend 17th March.
We have got our heatrs set on Austria and as a group we are 2 intermediate skiers with an 18 year old just past beginner stage skier and a 17 year old snowboarder with a weeks experience + a full day lesson at hemel.

With the kids we need to have lively apres ski and we might join them if we are feeling brave.

Anyway we have the choice at the moment of Soll, Zell am see and saalbach.

Any constuctive help will be greatly appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For me, Soll would edge it given those parameters. Have a great time
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Timberwolf I have looked at previous posts about the resorts and they all had positives and negatives.
Having spent recent ski holidays in france mostly Val and a couple of trips to the east coast of Canada just needed a nudge in the right direction for a visit to Austria.
Thanks again for replying.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saalbach. This is were I fell in love with Austria. Great resort for riding and apres. Snow should be still good. Easy access and modern lifts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Tom I had kind of taken the Saalbach route but looking at a link to a weather site
that someone had put up on a previous post I was concerned about the weather forecast and the lack of altitude.
Not that i'm an expert by any means thats why i have thrown myself to the snowheads experts....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Saalbach should meet après needs, I went last week of jan and plenty going on
From a snow perspective there are north and south facing slopes and 200km, so apart from potential slush at bottom if temps rise, I think it will be fine, certainly hope so I am going back on 16th march and not worried
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
slownorm, they will all be good. The likelihood is that it will be spring skiing conditions. So hard in the morning, soft later on. But there has been plenty of now in Austria so far this year. As it happens I'd say Saalbach or Zell, but it all looks good.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're worried about temperatures then Zell has the Kitz glacier on the lift pass.......but if you reckon the snow will be ok then go for Saalbach.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
if the weather gets so hot that the large amounts of snow melt that early, I wouldn't think any of the glacier areas would be worth the scrum

but, on the other hand, sitting by the lake in the spring sunshine at Zell could be most pleasant!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the replies.
Not so worried about the snow going overnight, just wanted to make an educated guess based on the collective Snowhead knowledge base...!!!
Water skiing on the lake sounds ok Pam Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saalbach. Lower pistes will be slushy - OK for boarders but hard work for skiers, so spare your knees and take the lift down the lower half of the mountain. Above mid-station there will still be 170km + of lovely snow, even next week (it was snowing today at the top, but blue skies and +12 forecast for later in the week). Apres in Saalbach is far better than in Zell or Soll. Bobby's will be packed solid for St Patrick's/rugby - rest of the week there will be outdoor music at Bauers and Spitz, or Happy Hour on the sunny terrace at Berger Hochalm.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done all three, all good - but for me I would say that Saalbach has the edge. Do not worry about the snow, just back from the Stubai valley in Austria and there are good conditions right down to 1000 metres with more snow forecast.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zell am See every time- we had school ski trip there and it was awesome - http://www.321ski.co.uk/ZellamSee.php
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
quinton,
Quote:

Happy Hour on the sunny terrace at Berger Hochalm.

Followed by the Hinterhag Alm party? Smile

jloo, Why, in mid-March, do you suggest Zell rather than Saalbach? Zell is 1,000 feet lower than Saalbach and has a far smaller ski area.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tatman's Tours because they are touting trips instead of being helpful! Laughing
snow report
Pam w, I was in Mayrhofen April 7-14 last year, very little snow, glacier was no busier than normal (and Glacier was in marvellous nick). Maybe sonw was so bad (or so people thought) that nobody had turned up?
snow conditions
Saalbach fo'sho.
snow report
clarky999, ...they may already be here!
ski holidays
Yeah we are but only for another2 ski days!
The advice was mostly spot on saalbach has been great so far!
The weather has been great and so has the skiing and après.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy