Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La tania to val thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to la tania for the first time next week how Long approximately does it take to travel on lift system to vt from Lt and on the way back what is the last lift from the vt area that we need to take to enable us to ski back to latania without any more lifts involved
And if we go to courcheval side what is the last lift we have to catch on way home to be able to ski back to latania without anymore lifts involved thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I skied from La Tania to Val Thorens in January 2012 during a very quiet week (no UK or French school holidays)
Leaving La Tania at 9 am (La Tania bubble lift) we arrived into Val Thorens "round point" at 11.15 am. With one hot chocalate break (about 15 minutes). It now depends on your speed. I think I could have done it faster but on of my friends was a bit tired and slow. rolling eyes
I would personally leave VT no later than 3 pm. The Rhodos 1 & 2 lifts from Meribel can be quite busy in the afternoon as most people try to rush back to Courchevel. Also the chairlift taking you into Courchevel Vallee (Loze) is a slow one.
Once you've got off la Loze, you can take your time. It's all the way down. You can choose between black or red then blue (les Folyeres) or green (Plan Fontaine)runs.
A longer and less difficult route, if you feel a bit tired, is to ski down to the Plantrey chairlift (always very quiet, no queue) via 1850. This will take you back to Crete (nice blue run) then choose from Les Folyeres or Plan Fontaine (equally nice)
If you stay in the Chalets area then you can probably ski back to most of them.
I've learned skiing in La Tania and have been back every year since. Tried Espace Killy 2 weeks ago, still prefer 3V. And La Tania is a real find in 3V for many reasons. Smaller and quieter resort in 3V. Lots of snow cannons working around the clock when needed.
Quite a few nice restaurants to choose from (recommend La Taiga and La Ferme de la Tania (Savoyard specialities, need to book to avoid waiting).
There is a local Deli shop (Saucisse savoyard) that sells very nice home cooked dishes (in particular a roast chicken dinner for 4 for 32 euros! including wine, salad & roast patatoes. The Sherpa supermarket in hidden away at the back of the Folyeres building jut behind the Ski Lodge pub.
Hope you will enjoy La Tania as much as I do. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowpie wrote:
I skied from La Tania to Val Thorens in January 2012 during a very quiet week (no UK or French school holidays)
Leaving La Tania at 9 am (La Tania bubble lift) we arrived into Val Thorens "round point" at 11.15 am. With one hot chocalate break (about 15 minutes). It now depends on your speed. I think I could have done it faster but on of my friends was a bit tired and slow. rolling eyes
I would personally leave VT no later than 3 pm. The Rhodos 1 & 2 lifts from Meribel can be quite busy in the afternoon as most people try to rush back to Courchevel. Also the chairlift taking you into Courchevel Vallee (Loze) is a slow one.
Once you've got off la Loze, you can take your time. It's all the way down. You can choose between black or red then blue (les Folyeres) or green (Plan Fontaine)runs.
A longer and less difficult route, if you feel a bit tired, is to ski down to the Plantrey chairlift (always very quiet, no queue) via 1850. This will take you back to Crete (nice blue run) then choose from Les Folyeres or Plan Fontaine (equally nice)
If you stay in the Chalets area then you can probably ski back to most of them.
I've learned skiing in La Tania and have been back every year since. Tried Espace Killy 2 weeks ago, still prefer 3V. And La Tania is a real find in 3V for many reasons. Smaller and quieter resort in 3V. Lots of snow cannons working around the clock when needed.
Quite a few nice restaurants to choose from (recommend La Taiga and La Ferme de la Tania (Savoyard specialities, need to book to avoid waiting).
There is a local Deli shop (Saucisse savoyard) that sells very nice home cooked dishes (in particular a roast chicken dinner for 4 for 32 euros! including wine, salad & roast patatoes. The Sherpa supermarket in hidden away at the back of the Folyeres building jut behind the Ski Lodge pub.
Hope you will enjoy La Tania as much as I do. Little Angel

Thanks exactly the info I was looking for la tania looks good and a bargain £984 including grand bois apartments flights and transfers glasgow to chambery 2 ski carriage and 2 3 valleys lift passes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi - I cant help much with the lifts as I never pay attention - I just follow! But..... we ski la Tania to Orelle (4th Valley, and highest point in 3v) every year - at best I am a goodish intermediate, we have always done it in January (when slightly less time) have always made it to Orelle comfortably - I can only remember that for the return journey from Meribel we take the old Loze chair (think this is quicker/quieter for some reason) and you need to get the triple white bubble thingee out of VT - the one after going over the Folie Douche! - Yes I am female and blond!!! - Done this trip soooo many times should really know by now - but its lovely to be able to travel that distance in one day! Have fun!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks exactly the info I was looking for la tania looks good and a bargain £984 including grand bois apartments flights and transfers glasgow to chambery 2 ski carriage and 2 3 valleys lift passes[/quote]

Shocked that's a really good deal! If you're still in the UK then have a look at www.latania.co.uk the unofficial but very good website about la Tania and other info about 3V. Also Grand Bois is right at the bottom of Les Folyeres run (blue). If I remember well, you have to take a public lift (attached to the Grand Bois building) down then ski a short way down to the bubble. You can then ski back to the bottom of the lift. It is away from the only noisy pub in the resort. (no name Cool ) which is a relieve! wink
Have fun!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would go for Orelle as well - tends to be quieter and whilst I am a somewhat slow intermediate we in Jan left La Tania at gone 9.30 over to Orelle and back to have a late lunch at about 3.00 in Meribel before back to La T ( via 1850).

Having said that it was for me knackering but great fun , probably the most descent I have ever done in a day.

John
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy