Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in April - 3 Valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Guys

I am off for Easter week 07/04/12 - 15/04/12

Really, really, really considering going boarding one last time but never been as late as this.

Do you think there will be snow? I know you cannot predict the future but based on history.

Snowbombing in Mayrhofen is around that time of year and it is usually quite good. Also 3 valleys is very high!

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hope so, a load of us have just paid up to go two weeks after Very Happy
It's varied over the years between great and ok, but always skiable. Depends where in the 3Vs I suppose. Val Thorens has always been ok and I've skied over to Courchavel 1850 before now, although more often the links have been shut as the snow's run out at the bottom of the valleys.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I plan to stay in Meribel (been before) but will be getting a full ski pass to allow us up to VT!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There will definitely be snow, but I wouldn't stay in Meribel. Lowest part of the 3V and a bit infamous for poor late/early season conditions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevomcd, +1
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boydie, staying in Méribel will be fine if your not worried about a little slush. If there's no snow, get the free bus back from Mottaret
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Really, really, really considering going boarding one last time but never been as late as this. Do you think there will be snow?
France? Shocked First week of April Shocked Be afraid.....Skullie !!!
Quote:

based on history...
We've skied Tignes/Val T in late season for the past 5 or 6 years. Tignes is in the locality/has similar altitude skiing to the 3Vs - so if it's history you want re. late season skiing - and by 'late' I mean last few days of April, first week of May and not early April - see the pics below. There will be most of the 3Vs open when you go, with winter snow at altitude and nice soft snow/slush lower down. It'll be fantastic - and leave you planning 'one last time' in early May wink.....

Tignes - 6.5.07

Tignes - 3.5.08

Tignes - 30.4.09

Val Thorens - 3.5.10

Val Thorens - 2.5.11
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Staying in meribel wouldn't bother me to be honest as long as I had the full pass I could then just head up the lift.

I am just throwing things into the air at the minute as I am off work during Easter and I have a few options.

My grandmother lives in Forres, Scotland and considering taking the car over for a road trip, hit Cairngorms for a bit of outdoorsy stuff, will there be snow there that week do you think??
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boydie, poor snow cover in Scotland at present.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mrs A; 14 April 2008; Combe de Saulire - and barely a soul in sight (well we couldn't see very far)!

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boydie, we skied last easter in the 3V and despite all the other local resorts being closed due to the poor conditions in a poor year, we were still able to ski les menuires & Val T (we were based in St Martin).
With the great weather this year you should be fine, we had 3v passes and used them as far as we could - snow permitting. everyone else headed up to higher Vt & Orrelle ans we dodged to any lift that had a short que and had a great time - We had some great runs down Mont Vallon even if the last 100m had to be walked. The run back to st martin could be partially done, from roche 3 marche down to le Grange lift and often this was the best run of the day - at any time of the day, as everyone were heading past up to VT.
have a great time, enjoy....
Noisey
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

There will definitely be snow, but I wouldn't stay in Meribel. Lowest part of the 3V and a bit infamous for poor late/early season conditions.

+ another 1. If given any choice, at that time, I'd go to Tignes. But if it HAS to be the 3V, then Val Thorens.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy