Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES GETS - BLOOD TEST

Poster: A snowHead
We are in Les Gets from tomorrow. Long story, but my wife takes warfarin and owing to a mix up with her medication has to get a blood test and her INR checked while we're away - pain in the neck but there we are rolling eyes The Medical Centre in Les Gets can't help. Anyone know of somewhere nearby that could help?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RUGBY PETER,

Try

36 ave de la Sardagne
Cluses

Phone 08 99 23 21 06

There are several "laboratoire d'analyses" in Cluses, and any of them should be able to do a blood test

hope this helps
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Patch, Thanks for that - will give them a call.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi what a pain. my sister had to go through 6 months of warfarin after a serious clot/embollism. hope you get it sorted
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go to "Urgences" at a public hospital and present EHIC. You'll probably later get a bill for approx €30 which you can reclaim from the Overseas Health Department, Newcastle. BT at a private hospital is not recoverable, unless you can show that it was impossible to find a public hosp.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RUGBY PETER, that is surprising. My husband had to have a blood test three years ago and he was sent by the Medical Centre in Les Gets to the nurse in a little surgery that was up near the church. The results were phoned through to the medical centre in hours. He paid only about 4.5 euros at the time and then got a bill for a bit more, something like 20 euros through the post a few weeks later. That must have been from the lab.
You could always go and ask in the Pharmacy, opposite the ice rink, as I am sure they will know where you should go. The pharmacist in there is very good, if a little scary!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Pamski, I'll make the pharmacy our first port of call and go from there - thanks.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RUGBY PETER, in my experience every tiny village in France seems to have at least one laboratoire d'analyse, in fact it never ceases to amaze me. Similarly, every village however small, boasts a pharmacy the size of the average cathedral! I have French hypochondriac friends (quite a lot of them are hypochondriacs...) who seem to combine blood tests with ordinary trips to the shops at the drop of a hat! Good luck, but I'm sure you won't have a problem finding somewhere.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RUGBY PETER, hope you got sorted and were able to get the test done locally - and that you have had a good week as well of course.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RUGBY PETER, agree with Pamski about pharmacy, she is very helpful. I would be surprised if there isn't an INR facility close by, maybe Morzine? Also, the Medical Centre will have this information at their fingertips, not sure why they haven't been able to help Confused

Bedside/portable INR machines are fairly widespread these days too. Although when calculating warfarin doses, it's probably preferable to have a 'proper' blood test.

Pedantica, how true Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all of your advice - it all worked out really well. We went to the pharmacy as suggested, who directed us to the infirmerie/surgery up by the church. Blood test was taken on Monday morning and we phoned the lab in Thonon that afternoon for the result which we then phoned through to the UK to sort out the dosage. Paid just under 5 Euros to the lovely lady that took the blood and 10 Euros the following day at the Pharmacy to pay the Lab. Went through the same procedure a couple of days later and the INR levels are now back to where they should be. My wife was totally blown away by your willingness to help and speed within which you all contributed your advice/suggestions - so thanks again.

Just got back today - had a great week, bit firm in the morning and slushy later but we've both come back with lovely tans and thanks to you guys I didn't lose any ski time Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RUGBY PETER, glad that it all worked out and that your wife is now sorted with her medication. Sun seems to have gone there for today at least with new snow.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RUGBY PETER, Very Happy

I rather fancy working there. What's it like, behind the little wooden door?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lou, Tiny waiting room and surgery. Recently decorated in 1960's hospital style, lots of magazines to read while you wait, but written in a strange foreign language Puzzled
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RUGBY PETER, Laughing

I thought I would run my clinics from 07.00-09.00 Mon-Fri and 17.00-19.00 Mon to Wed. Weekends at prior arrangement and depending on snow conditions Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Lou, RUGBY PETER, ah, but I recall being in there with OH for his blood test, and every time a new person came in they walked round and shook hands with all those already seated, those lovely French manners!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy