Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich to Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know that several Snowheads drive down from Munich and would appreciate some idea of the best route and any tips such as the best place to buy the Austrian road carnet.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steve.S, Following the motorway signs for Salzburg and Innsbruck is the easiest way. Then turn south at the Inntal Dreiecke where the A8 and A93 meet. It is signposted as going to Innsbruck. The actual road numbers depend on where you are starting from. If it is the airport, the you head to the A92 (Munich), then A9 (following signs to Munich again), A99 (Salzburg, Innsbruck), A8 (Rosenheim Salzburg, Innsbruck), A93 (Innsbruck, Kufstein). Leave the motorway(A12 Inntal Autobahn) at Kufstein-Süd if you have not bought a Vignette and follow the signs to Söll. The ASFINAG wagons and the police are often parked up just after that exit waiting for people to risk not buying the Vignette. First offence fine is 65 Euro payable on the spot, suspected re-offenders can be fined up to 3,000 Euro. All on the spot fines by the way!

You can buy the Vignette at any of the Service areas between Munich South and the border (Excluding the small one at the Munich South interchange). Your last chance to get one is at the Kiefersfelden Service area. But if you are only going to Söll you do not need one as the motorway is free as far as Kufstein-Süd. If you are intending to use more of the motorways to visit other areas, it costs 8 Euro for 10 days, 23.40 Euro for 2 months.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mighty good information that I shall put to good use very soon.

Many thanks Samerberg Sue ! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue,

Thanks for the info, we are out on Thursday morning and its looking like high factor sun block will be the order of the day.

We are interested in a private instructor for the Friday so that we can get a feel for the place and probably some help with my pretty hopeless bumps skiing (more like bumps falling).

Is it usualy possible to arrange this once we are at the resort or should I try and book something in advance?

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve.S, just get in touch with one of the local ski schools and organise it in advance with them. All the instructors speak English so you can either email or telephone. Make sure that you are clear in what you request and what you expect from the instructor. Once you are there on Thursday, go into the office and discuss your requirements more carefully so that they know what you are looking for. Ask for a Staatliche geprüfte instructor (they will have a badge on their uniform with the title on it). This is a fully qualified instructor as opposed to an Anwarter, who is just in training. If you ask for a Schiführer then you have the highest level of instructor. As it is now low season, you should not have any difficulty getting a suitably qualified one, but by organising it in advance, the ski school can have the correctly qualified person on notice.

I have no recommendations as I have never been in ski school there. Söll is more or less in my backyard, so I only play there when I can't get to my usual area in the Ski Amadé region.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy