Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board Bags with Aer Lingus / Ski Val and Fried. airport.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all..

hope someone can help with this.. booked with Ski Val (to St Anton) and was told by the sales lady that it was advisable NOT to take my big snowboard coffin bag.. as Aer Lingus might not accept it.

In the T&Cs that have been sent to me it says:

- Note only related items (e.g ski poles, bindings, boots) can be included in these bags. If the check in staff suspect that clothing (or anything else) has been put in your ski/board bag, the bag will be weighed along with other hold baggage. People who bring excess luggage or who fill their ski/board bag with other items should know that they maybe charged £12/kg or their bag might be refused

I have never known an airline on a ski route refuse one of these board bags... but i dont fancey getting clobbered for £12 / kg if this is the case.

Does anyone have any experience of Aer Lingus / Ski Val at Fried. airport...?

do i hope for the best, or buy a board sleeve and take the big wheely bag...???

thanks,

a
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out Aer Lingus' own T&C before making a decision. I've often travelled with Aer Lingus with a board bag containing skis, poles, boots, helmet and skiwear and never been hassled or charged excess baggage but I've always booked a scheduled flight myself rather than use a tour operator so maybe that's the difference?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks - have a look at those already, but the issue is that as this is a TO flights... those T&Cs i have quoted are the ones they will pull on me 'if' this becomes an issue....

think i am going to be on the safe side and just take the wheely bag as well.. am on a 2 weeker and meeting my friends in St Anton so will only know if this an issue when i get to Fried. for the flight back... and therefore will have no plan b.

cheers,

a
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do Aer Lingus fly to Friedrichshafen?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
8611, I couldn't see that they do......not as a scheduled flight bookable via AL website.....but I believe they run a charter service from Gatwick.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy