Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last-minute advice for next week in Austria (10-17/03) needed... thanks!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there fellow Snowheads, I need some serious advice about the coming week - calling out to experts in Austria and forecasts in general Smile

As some of you read, Ive been in Austria these last 2 weeks (Kirchberg-Kitz-SkiWelt, then Saalbach). Thanks to God - er, an unexpected change of plans - I'll effectively be on holiday next week (while I've been working a lot in place of aprés-skiing so far). Now, considering it's such a great season I'm thinking to extend my stay: can't ask for more really, but where to go?

I don't have a car, so I'd like to stay in Tirol (anywhere I can reach from Saalbach, possibily by train from Zell am See, without too many hassles). I've checked the forecast and temperatures are expected to rise next week, up to 1C min - 9C max, with rather sunny skies. A return to Ischgl itself might be an option, but a new place to discover it might be even better. St. Anton might work of course, though apparently from what I've read it's better for off-piste than on-piste, but considering the high temperatures forecasted maybe I should go for a higher resort like Ischgl?

I'm higher intermediate (not much off-piste) and tend to like largey resorts - around 200Kms... yeah, i know I'm spoiled, but an area with more resorts which can be reached quickly by skibus (like Kitzbuehel and the SkiWelt) would be great too. Slopewise, I have a soft spot for long runs with character and if they're among the trees it's even better, but of course I'm not picky in these respects. I tend to be easily bored by areas with lots of intersecting pistes which are basically the same, built around a few lifts Smile To give you an idea of my tastes, I absolutely loved Kirchberg-Kitz-SkiWelt and (last year) Ischgl, while I've been a bit disappointed with Saalbach so far (too samey and a bit boring IMHO) and (last year) Mayrhofen didn't drive me crazy - except for the Hintertux area, which I found pretty cool. That's all I've seen in Austria so far.

If anyone can help, it'd be great!
Thanks a lot, ciao Smile))
Matteo
www.tipsology.net
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
p.s.
I'm well aware that with such a great season, most places would do - if I could just avoid too much slush, I'd be happier Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello nobrainbcn.
If i was in your shoes i would haed for Schladming.
I know its not in the Tirol but it is not that far away by train.
Ive been to all the resorts youve mentioned and my 2 favourites are Kitzbuhel and Schladming.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, I've checked and it's not too far - I'm looking into the accomodation and the snow reports... Since you've been there, may I ask if connections with the other resorts of the area were good/fast? Thanks a lot Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schladming would be fine but the World Cup circus, men and women, are there from 12th-18th March, so I imagine the place may be sold out (though interesting to watch). There are lots of other places in Ski Amadé, e.g. I would think of St. Johann in Pongau/Alpendorf. From there you can reach other resorts (easier with a car but there are buses), e.g. Hochkönig, Gastein valley, etc. St. Johann is also nearer to Zell am See than Schladming, which is at the east end of Ski Amadé.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry nobrainbcn I forgot about the world champs been on in Schladming.
You could try Wagrain or Flachau which is a very good linked area not too far from Schladming.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nobrainbcn, Although you say Mayrhofen didn't drive you crazy, it might well be worth trying Zell am Ziller, with teh Zillertal Arena being a good big area (you do well to reach the far end of Konogsleiten and back), and with the Kaltenbach/Hochfugen area being a 10 minute free train ride down the valley.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks to you all! I'll look into that and make a decision tomorrow Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
...in the end, after studying the forecasts websites, considering resorts altitudes and contacting various tourist offices, i've decided to go to Lech. Thanks anyway for your tips, I've saved them for future ski trips!!! I'll send a few snow reports from over there, hope it will be as good as it promises to.

Ciao Smile
Matteo
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy