Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accomodation advice for Oberlech, obergurgl or Solden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads
Had a great ski holiday last Easter in Obergurgl ( w/c 8 April 2011) and loved the lack of crowds and good snow conditions for so late in season. However, it was a budget busting trip ( catered chalet with Esprit). Keen to return to Austria for week of 30 March 2013 to a high but family friendly resort ( kids aged 12, 8 and 5) However, as a family of 5 trying to find somewhere in Obergurgl that doesn't break the bank seems to be difficult. Best I have found so far within budget is hotel Lohmann in obergurgl. Happy to DIY rather than tour operater as prepared to drive and self cater but not much self catering in obergurgl to be found ( and it's expensive!). So have widened the search to Solden and Oberlech.
Please could you give me some advice on accomodation in these 3 resorts. Need something near the slopes and ski school, 2 bedrooms ( or an apartment with 1 bedroom and a sofa bed in lounge) and clean/ warm. Not looking for Michelin type food - just good homecooking - or happy to self cater. Also, not fussed about swimming pools, saunas or nightlife - we are there to ski. Hotel needs to be family friendly.
I have already trawled through trip adviser and the old threads on these 3 resorts but would really welcome some recommendations for accomodations based on the requirements above. Thank you !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't remember names etc so can't really provide actual recommendations but you'll find that the accommodation search engine on the Solden website is pretty good. You just need to cross reference with the website's village plan to get a feel for distance to lifts etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed at Haus Elisabeth in obergurgl a few summers ago. Self catering apartments. The owner is very friendly and speaks excellent english, she's also a skier.
Whether it fits your budget or not I dont know.

http://www.elisabeth-obergurgl.com/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chalet Montana or Apartment Abitare are two self catering options in Obergurgl.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sporthotel Cresta in Oberlech, very good ski in/ out and new wellness, food brilliant

http://www.cresta.at/en/sporthotel-cresta/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ferienhaus Katherine in Sölden would give you exactly what you want - 2 bedrooms with a kitchen and bathroom. You can see them at the partner website Pension Garni Jaqueline: http://www.jaqueline-soelden.at/ although the site is only in German they understand English as well. The apartments were built in 2009 and are fitted out to a very high standard. You can also book breakfast in the apartment house as well as in the Pension next door.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IwishICouldThinkOfAFabNam, Can't recommend Oberlech highly enough as a great base for a family holiday - it will cost a fair bit though (the 5 year old will get a free pass from memory). I've stayed at the Hotel Montana twice and was fantastic but expensive. As Markymark29, has suggested the Cresta is in a great position - especially for the toboggan run Very Happy
You could also look at Pension Ilga http://oberlech.com/ncms/betriebe/
Cheaper alternative to Oberlech could be Stuben - Hotel Post just a short walk to ski school. When we stayed there we stayed at the Hubertushof, which I can highly recommend too. Our kids were similar ages to yours when we stayed at Oberlech, then Stuben the following year and still rave about both holidays
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you for all your suggestions. I shall look into them.
Boabski - Is Stuben snow sure at Easter ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More so than Oberlech. More snow and north facing. Zurs and stuben have best and most abundant snow in arlberg
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chalet Montana
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boabski wrote:
Zurs and stuben have best and most abundant snow in arlberg

Except for Warth ... Which gets more snow than anywhere and also has north facing slopes.
But I would not advise a pre-planned trip to Warth in April (might go short-notice if forecast right) as resort height (1500m) a tad too low.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy