Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Residents of Les Arcs, specifically Arc 2000 (Or frequent visitors)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It seems to be very difficult to find an accurate map of this resort (or most others) showing all the accommodation and not just the properties being punted by tour operator X, Y or Z.

So, my question is this:

A bunch of mates are going for a week in Hotel L'Aiguille Rouge at the end of March (24th). I was going to join them but it's now fully booked. I've seen another deal to Chalet Sylvie/Veronique/Mariette (I'm assuming from the identical photos they're in the same building). Are these chalets fairly close to the hotel? Are they actually Ski in/Ski out as claimed?

Cheers!

(also are they any good if anyone has stayed?)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 9-03-12 2:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a Plan de Station here http://www.lesarcs.com/arc-2000 I can't see any reference to Chalet Sylvie/Veronique/Mariette but then sometimes they are rebadged. Arc 2000 as you can see is pretty small and compact so are sure to be close by. And yes it's all ski in/ski out. I've stayed in Arc 2000 once but can't remember the exact residence.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobalexander1983, I believe Chalet Sylvie/Veronique/Mariette are part of Chalet des neiges which is shown on the plan de station
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bobalexander1983, Chalet des neige (les Arolles) is number 5 on the Plan de Station
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks very much for the help folks Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bobalexander1983, just so you are warned. If the snow is good then you can ski almost the whole way down Chalet des neiges, walking the last 100m or so, but you cannot ski out. It is at the bottom of the hill. If snow is good then you can walk to the tow and go up that and then ski, if it is poor then you have to go up on the lifts and ski down the slope from there. It all depends on the snow conditions at the time when you visit. Right now I think it should be ok.

The only true ski in / ski out station for every apartment in Les Arcs/peisey vallandry is Arc 1950. It does not matter which place you stay in there, they are all ski in/ski out.

If you need any other help, best to ask questions over on the season thread as i check that all the time.

Hope you have a good holiday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowcrazy, I think I can just about handle a couple of hundred metres a day in ski boots, thanks for the heads up though!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,

I went to Hotel L'Aiguille Rouge last week and had a fab holiday. You literally do put your skis on as soon as you come out the boot room and your skiing within 30 seconds!

Arc 2000 is built on 3 levels all within a minute or so of one another and connected by lifts (not ski lifts, I mean a regualr lift as in a hotel lift) - it will make sense when your there. Hotel L'Aiguille Rouge is on the middle level and our Inghams rep told us the majority of the chalets are on level -1. I cannot be sure that the chalets you are looking at are on -1 but it would only take a minute or so to get to Hotel L'Aiguille Rouge.

Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers for that, lifts you say?! Beats walking uphill!

Glad you had a good holiday!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy