Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic XTO 10 binding setup

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My first post on snowHeads!

I recently lent my skis (Atomic Blackeye 174 with XTO 10 bindings) to a friend to try-out. I took a note of the binding setup for my boots beforehand. When I got them back I thought I would take the opportunity to set them up as if I was fitting new boots for the first time. This led me to notice a few things that hopefully you experts out there can answer.

Firstly, if I setup the bindings according to my BSL, I end up with the boot mid marker about 8mm in front of the ski mid marker. If adjust the binding to the next higher BSL (i.e. they move backwards) the markers line up precisely. Is it better to have the markers line up exactly or should I stick with what the default BSL setting provides (this is what they were originally)? What is the impact of moving the boot mid-sole in relation to the ski?

The second question relates to the correct setting of the forward pressure of the XTO binding. The manual I have (plucked from the web) shows that when set correctly the arrow should be within the scribed area.

My XTO bindings are marked a little differently like the pictures above. If you play with the position of the front mounting you can influence where the marker ends up. In setting A there is slight (3-4mm) gap between the boot heel and the back binding (when open). In setting B the boot heel is very snug up against the back binding. I think setting B is the one to go for, what do the pros think?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rdwags, welcome to snowheads.

The mounting line of the ski is really a manufacturers guide designed for a Mr/Mrs Average. I've found the the mounting point on the Nomad range is a tad rearward so I'd go with the 8mm forward, especially for harder conditions. You can always move them back again if you prefer or for softer conditions.

The forward pressure is a really important adjustment & whilst you can play around with the fore/aft positioning of the bindings as much as you like you must always ensure that it's set correctly. Pic A is only just acceptable as the arrow is just within the lines but pic B is the desired setting as it's dead centre.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, Thanks for the advice - appreciated!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the same skis / bindings, and when I did my (admittedly basic) ski tuning course I was shown the correct settings for my bindings - picture B is the one you want.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My first post to Snowheads. Interesting stuff. @rdwags: I have searched the web for a setup manual for the XTO10 bindings but unable to find it. Can you help me out?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Montis, Welcome to Snowheads Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the manual I have.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Me too, I cannot work out where to get Atomic manuals! It should not be this hard...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rdwags, hello!
I know it's bin many many many years.

But i need the xto 10 binding manual. Do you still have it?

My e-mail yaroniraz@gmail.com

Tnx!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy