Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resort in mid june

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, me and 3 friends are hoping to get away for a week in mid-june this year, we have around £1500 each to spend, where would be the best place to go? Thankyou!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You talking glacier skiing, or southern hemisphere?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In Europe you will only have a few glaciers open with limited runs on top - "Summer season opening mode".

I would probably look at glaciers in Austria and with your budget - rent a car and visit Stubai and Hintertux, maybe Kauntertal. They are not far away from each other.
(and have runs accessed by chairs/gondolas)

http://www.bergfex.com/stubaier-gletscher/
http://www.bergfex.com/kaunertal/
http://www.bergfex.com/hintertux/

Or maybe Tignes or Les Deux Alpes in France, but you have to check if they will be opened. Sometimes even glacier resorts close in June, before they open again in summer.

Regardless, be prepared to have maximum a few runs on top, often served by T Bar, and no apres ski etc.
On + side, you might have the chance to try some summer activities.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes will be open I think, I don't think L2A opens until July. Zermatt should be open.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Could you do southern hemi on £1.5k? Have to work out the prices but that would be better than a week in L2A or similar where there is only morning boarding and ice/slush conditions prevailing. Saying that if you want to do park stuff then summer glacier is good fun, and being able to sunbathe in town and do other sports makes for a nice all round holiday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You need to go very south, very north or very high.

1. Dig deep and go to Chile or Argentina (assuming there is no war by then).

2. Zermatt, Switzerland (definitely open).

3. Tignes, France (if it is open).

4. Norway or Finland are doable. Lots of daylight.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Change hemisphere. Chile/Argentina/N. Z.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les deux Alp and Tignes used to reopen in mid June, The best summerskiing in Europe is Stryn in Norway, http://www.stryn.no/sommerski/english.aspx its looks nothing on the skimap, but thats wrong its a fantastic place for offpist, alot of nationalteam racers and crosscountry skiers get here in the summer beacaus of the qualite on the snow, Finland is not a option, and Riksgränsen in Sweden end the season mid june, about SouthAmerica its can be a little early on the season, i little to much gambling with alot of money, best there is in august,,,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hintertux will definitely be open and there will be more slopes open than at Tignes. I've skied there at the very end of May and had snow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stubai and the Kitzsteinhorn glaciers will most definitely be open as well at that time. Both offer more skiing than any of the French glaciers I've skied on (Tignes, LDA). skied both in june on a regular basis.

Saas Fee is another option in Switzerland and I believe that both Saas Fee and Zermatt offer pretty good value passes for summer skiing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michaelnwuk, Our Club runs a Summer coaching trip to Tignes in June Photos and Blog from last year

at £1500 per person you can buy the beers Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tignes is open during mid june IMO. Also try Stubai…that is a great place.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy