Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste basher rides ? Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's been mentioned on another thread this evening. Does anyone have experience of this, and in Les Arcs preferably? We are going in a few weeks and I think it would be a lovely time of year to do it (and it's Arctic Monkey's Birthday again while we are away Very Happy )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, it is possible to do this in Les Arcs, well actually I think it is on the La Plagne side unless they have started it on our side as well. You need to check with the tourist office on both sides to find out the details and also maybe ask at the lift information office in Arc 1800. Next time I am up there I will try to remember to ask myself. It does sound a fun idea. You can already ski with them first thing in the morning and last thing at the end of closing. Same places for info on this and can be done in both Les Arcs stations (includiong PV) and La Plagne for sure. Good luck. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lou,
http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter/introduction/non-skiers/activities/the-unusual--sitraACT545261--snow-grooming-machine.html
To get over to La Plagne either buy a one day extension around the 30 Euro mark or buy the Decouverte pass which includes 1 day in La Plagne.

Best give them a ring to book, I dont think it operates all day everyday.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I didn't know you could do that, I've always fancied a ride in one. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
I didn't know you could do that, I've always fancied a ride in one. Very Happy Very Happy

It beats the back seat of a Cortina. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geepee, Laughing Laughing Cortina huh? If only I were so classy... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all. I will look further this week. Obviously Les Arcs would be more convenient. I'm not sure I can face La Plagne yet after my hasty exit last April Toofy Grin Anyway, why would I want to see those pistes from a basher when I have flown over them Toofy Grin

Schuss in Boots, geepee, Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A couple of years ago we saw that you could also do this at Serre Chevalier. We skied past a fenced off area that was a piste basher driving school, for public use. Didn't have time to have a go..... Sad

Lou Wouldn't an olympic bobsleigh run at La Plagne be a better birthday treat? I booked us in at the Utah olympic bobsleigh a few years ago for a birthday surprise/treat for Mrs MA. Absolutely terrifying Skullie but utterly fantastic!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountainaddict, yes that's another idea thanks Very Happy I think I might skip myself though Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy