Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone tried skiing in a rugby helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone tried skiing in a rugby helmet? I've skied for over 35 years without any head protection but the slopes seem to have become much more crowded in the last few years with an increased risk of collisions.

The rationale for the rugby helmet is that it would give some protection in the event of an impact to the head, but should avoid the problems with ski helments (reported by some who have used them), for example limitations to peripheral vision and hearing as well as overheating. It should also be possible to cover the rugby helmet with a woolly hat - this would help prevent accidents arising from other skiers laughing or thinking they've spotted Petr Cech on skis.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seriously? Try a few ski helmets on, and you'll quickly realise that those 'problems' are BS, if the helmet fits you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is no such thing as a 'rugby helmet'. There is a scrum cap but that is more designed to stop abrasion in the scrum than anything else. i doubt it would have any positive impact in a skiing accident.

Maybe you could us an Ice Hockey helmet on your motorbike in cold weather?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Malcolm Wills, crackin idea, will deffo prevent you getting cauliflower ears in a crash. It will also ignite the next world-wide hit-selling ski accessory

although.....
Malcolm Wills wrote:
I've skied for over 35 years without any head protection

is perhaps starting to tell

* I should say that i only sometimes wear a ski helmet, just in case I get identified with the self-righteous, indignant, helmet-wearing despotic hordes (oh yes they're coming...), and have never wore a scrum cap playing rugger yaw (and it shows Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Malcolm Wills, Welcome to snowheads. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You'd have to have very short skis. wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And odd shaped balls!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
altis, You mean a lack of! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It may stop you getting a cauliflower ear.... but thats about it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999 wrote:
Seriously? Try a few ski helmets on, and you'll quickly realise that those 'problems' are BS, if the helmet fits you.

+1
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Malcolm Wills wrote:
Has anyone tried skiing in a rugby helmet? .

Nope, but when I want to look a total t!t, i'll give it a go. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JaMMi wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

+1

+2
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Malcolm Wills, Welcome to SH although I do think as ideas go it's flawed: Lawrence Dallaglio is smart enough to wear a helmet =
http://youtube.com/v/NfZPe1P5LmQ He's no plonker and I'm sure if a rugby helmet would do the job, he'd have a few in stock Embarassed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy