Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Duex Alpes or Les 2 Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Les Duex Alpes or 2 Alpes
Feb 2012

I’ve just spent a very good week in Les Duex Alpes, and thought I’d add some information for those looking for a good all round resort to visit.
I went with my son and we found a very good deal from Crystal Ski, through Purple holidays, I chose a full board package and booked it the day before we left and paid £ 350 each.
The resort itself is in a valley and if you purchase a 6 day ski pass you can ski both sides of the valley as well as ski resorts nearby including Alpe d’huez, Serre Chevalier, day Free access to La Grave and to Les Vallons de la Meije when link is open except on weekends and bank holidays also included is One free entry to the outdoor (heated) swimming pool or ice rink.
The tour rep tried to charge euro 20 for the visit to Alpe D’huez, but you can get a ticket on the normal public buss for euro 11, not a great difference but if there is a group of you it’s still a saving.

The week we went there hadn’t been any snow for 3 weeks, but the skiing was still very good for our level, I would class myself as intermediate and my son is a beginner, the resort has some 225km of piste a good mix of blue/red runs as well as some pretty technical black’s, because of the lack of snow fall, I didn’t get the chance to sample the off piste.
The learner slopes at the lower level are quite wide and there was plenty of room to practice, however there were times during the day they got quite busy especially in the early afternoon.

In the resort there are also 3 very good Snow parks, which can be used by all levels, from very beginner to experienced tricksters

http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/esdel/Les%20Duex%20Alpes/?action=view&current=P1000167.mp4

One final point, before I booked the full package holiday I looked at traveling and paying each part of the holiday independently, I looked at transfers from Grenoble to les Duex alpes and was put off by the cost of the transfers, a lot of companies were charging euro 150 each( which I can understand), however in resort I investigated public transport and there is a public buss that leaves Grenoble every hour or so and goes to the resort of les Duex alpes, the cost of this is euro 24 p/p return and a further euro 8 for ski’s and baggage.

More info for Les Duex alpes and other resorts here http://www.transaltitude.fr

The costs to hire snowboard and ski’s is a lot cheaper if you book beforehand , and there are lots of deals to be had if you take the time to look around the net, in resort there are literally hundreds of little shops, below is what I paid for the week.

Ski Hire Euro 98.00 for 1 adult and 1 child, Inc. Skis, boots, Poles and helmet (child)
(www.snowell.com)

Snow Board hire Euro 15.00 per child Inc. boots
Euro 22.00 per adult Inc. boots

Lift Pass Adult Euro 204.90 for 6 days
Child Euro 163.90 for 6 days

There didn’t seem to be much difference in costs between the resort and the piste, I’ve added a few examples below.
Item Resort/Piste level

Coffee Euro 3.00
Hot Chocolate Euro 2.80
Portion of chips Euro 5.00
Crepes Euro 3.80-9.00
Orangina Euro 3.00
Ice Cream bowl Euro 4.50
Steak and chips for 2, inc 2 coke's euro 43.00

If you want any further info please feel free to PM me, my intention is to return next year as we had so much fun.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Esdel, Good report! Very Happy

P.S It's Les Deux Alpes! wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Esdel, just thought I'd mention that I'm using the public bus from Grenoble train station to get up to Les Deux Alpes. It's quite an easy way of getting up there. An important point to note is that you have to be prepared for the bus to be stormed by people who don't know how to queue. There always seem to be too many for the bus so it is advisable to get to the correct bus stop early and get your bags on quickly to ensure you get a seat. It's similar at the airport too but definitely a cheaper option.

Thanks for the review (I've noticed you haven't mentioned Pano bar here though!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd always choose Bens Bus over the local bus from the airport. It's about £45 return to L2A or Alpe D'Huez and far less hassle. Although there's nothing wrong with the local buses I've used them several times. I shall be at L2A again at Easter, 2nd time this year and 10th (I think) in total, driving though. Nice report.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I chose a full board package and booked it the day before we left and paid £ 350 each.

that's the way to do it! snowHead Very good deal. Glad it was so successful - the snow looks terrific, in that photo. Good price for ski/boot hire, too - 98 euros for the two of you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I chose a full board package and booked it the day before we left and paid £ 350 each.

Says a lot about the financial health of the European skiing industry of today.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy