Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pugilism on the piste

Poster: A snowHead
Dot., shouldn't this be on a Helmet/No Helmet thread? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
altis, thanks for giving me the dunce's cap Embarassed
But of course it doesnt happen at every event that could be called an "accident". In my wife's case a couple of locals stopped to check nothing too serious and then skiied on. They didnt give their names and addresses!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kooky wrote:
James the Last, did I say my OH threw the first punch???
Maybe you are the kind of spineless twunt who takes everything that is flung in his way,that´s your call, but when someone throws a punch at me or mine, after doing me a wrong, then they got it coming.

You're right. Nothing beats a bar-room brawl for solving a misunderstanding, does it.

geetee wrote:
James the Last You've been missing the confrontation haven't you sweetie? (now that the helmet thread has finally run its course) Happy

Actually, honey, I was trying to reduce the confrontation levels, not increase them. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dot., that looks impressive. How on earth did he manage that. Was the other skier skiing with a broken bottle in his hand?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dot., Jeez!!!!! Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dot.

Ouch! Now seriously does anyone believe a helmet would NOT have reduced the severity of that injury?

(Que Dot. telling us he was wearing one! Toofy Grin ).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dot. wrote:
PS if you don't like blood, don't look at the above image wink Toofy Grin

Too late mate, I fainted wink

Hope your brother recovers OK.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Axsman, my helmet certainly doesn't fit that close to my eye/eyebrow. I think it would be fairly easy to sustain that injury while wearing a helmet.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica, Mine gets pretty close and with the helmet I wear goggles. I'm absolutely certain that if I were hit in the same way while wearing the combination, the results would not be as severe as if I were not wearing them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
James the Last, reference your post on page 2.

I don't teach my kids that two wrongs make a right, but I do teach them that they have a right to self defence including the right to hit first if they feel threatened (British law is quite specific on this point).

Hit hard, hit fast, hit first, all the better if it in someone else's country you have more chance of bugging out!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
monkey, bro took a tumble, snowboard failed to stop. Edge V face, edge won.

Axsman, no helmet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
airbornebadger wrote:
in someone else's country you have more chance of bugging out!

The whole "in their own country" thing JtL was on about is a load of old b*llocks anyway. I don't walk around behaving like a knob and getting aggressive at foreigners just because they're in MY country.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

you have more chance of bugging out!

Hopefully you are ex-military otherwise the phrase "bugging out" makes you sound quite Walter Mitty-esque......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
galpinos, I fail to see why using that phrase would make me a Walter Mitty but have a look at my user name and try to guess which regiment? Laughing

bobmcstuff, Very true, unless you read the daily mail!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
airbornebadger, para's! i didn't know you guys bugged out. I thought you guys dropped in wink Very Happy
snow conditions
Dot., in 1.
latest report
airbornebadger, RNZAC
latest report
Quote:

galpinos, I fail to see why using that phrase would make me a Walter Mitty but have a look at my user name and try to guess which regiment?

Bugged out is a military term so it used by people in the army, people who used to be in the army and people who spend there spare time (whilst not behind a desk) decked out from head to toe in DPM and militray issue kit whilst polishing their "weapon". It's obviously acceptable for someone from the first two catagories to use military parlance but the third catagory.......

I'd not even noticed the significance of your username!
snow conditions
Did not realise you were a kiwi?, always liked the calavry boys as they were normally good for a decent hot brew. I thought your company had a military link as I got told you do/did a forces discount?
ski holidays
airbornebadger wrote:
James the Last, reference your post on page 2.

I don't teach my kids that two wrongs make a right, but I do teach them that they have a right to self defence including the right to hit first if they feel threatened (British law is quite specific on this point).

Hit hard, hit fast, hit first, all the better if it in someone else's country you have more chance of bugging out!

Do you know what the French legal position is on this? I'm told French gaols are particularly pleasant!

bobmcstuff wrote:
airbornebadger wrote:

The whole "in their own country" thing JtL was on about is a load of old b*llocks anyway. I don't walk around behaving like a knob and getting aggressive at foreigners just because they're in MY country.

You completely miss my point! Smile Which is that whilst guests abroad in somebody else's country, we should behave better than whilst at home - rather than picking fights on the slopes.
snow report
James the Last, Better judged by 12 than carried by 6. I also don't live in the uk anymore, I live in one country and work in another I feel no obligation to behave any differently in either of those. The inherent right to self defence is enshrined in most western countries legal system, if you don't believe me simply google it.

From the sounds of the OP it was the other geezer who was picking a fight, whilst I will admit in my younger days I did go out looking for trouble I certainly don't anymore, that being said if someone punches me, especially in front of my kids, all bets are off!
snow report
galpinos, Why can't non-military affiliated people use military parlance? Lots of phrases in the army come from India, does it make me an Indian-walt to use those?
ski holidays
James the Last,
Quote:

You're right. Nothing beats a bar-room brawl for solving a misunderstanding, does it.

You watch too much trashy television.
snow report
James the Last wrote:
Actually, honey, I was trying to reduce the confrontation levels, not increase them.

James the Last Really? I think this thread was on its way out until you stuck in your two pennies, petal. NehNeh
latest report
Those living in forest fire vulnerable and earthquake zones in the US often are advised to keep a bug out kit prepared so I'd assumed it was a term that had passed over into the outside world.
ski holidays
galpinos wrote:
Quote:

you have more chance of bugging out!

Hopefully you are ex-military otherwise the phrase "bugging out" makes you sound quite Walter Mitty-esque......

You talkin' to me?
latest report
valais2 wrote:
and finally, consider this, if I'd whacked with the force that I can putting into hauling my sorry carcass up a 5a, it would have been me on the wrong side of the law - and the morality would have been all on it's head...

As far as I am aware - if someone hits you then you are legally allowed to defend yourself with resonable force. He hit you so was on the wrong side of the law, you chose not to hit him in self defence but did you press charges? If not why not? Yes fighting rarely solves anything but letting people go around hitting others without doing anything about it other then bleating about it in the internet seems a poor response.
ski holidays
Happened to me a couple of times last season, first time, snowboarder, early twenties going full speed through a signposted slow area, out of control, into the back of my 8 year old daughter, sent her flying about 100 metres down the hill, hit her with so much force that it smashed the boa assembly out of the top of her boot, and left her semi unconscious and needing several stitches in her leg. It also wrote off her snowboard, which she was gutted about.

He tried to blame her, and was getting in the way of me attending to her, so I lost the plot and decked him, one punch, left him a bleeding quivering mess in a pile of snow. Then I got her off to hospital. Shame for him I'm 6'4 and fairly well built.

Can't say I felt too proud of myself for doing that, especially in front of the kids, and not something I would normally do but.....

Second time was a lady skiing along looking at the view, at speed, I could see it coming a mile off, straight into my other daughter. Thankfully no major damage done, but I did let rip verbally on her, and made her cry. Totally irresponsible behavior from her, and needed to be pointed out.

I'm normally a very laid back person Very Happy But when people hurt your kids through stupid behaviour, normal reactions go out of the window....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hang11 wrote:

He tried to blame her, and was getting in the way of me attending to her, so I lost the plot and decked him

I'd do the same.
latest report
airbornebadger wrote:
Did not realise you were a kiwi?, always liked the calavry boys as they were normally good for a decent hot brew. I thought your company had a military link as I got told you do/did a forces discount?

The tin cans were good for something eh if not a roof over yer head. One of my business partners is ex UK forces. We do support the forces as much as we can, especially those coming back from active duty.
snow report
[quote="airbornebadger"]galpinos, I fail to see why using that phrase would make me a Walter Mitty but have a look at my user name and try to guess which regiment? Laughing

Ah that's a shame. Thought you might of been a hooligan from Hereford.
ski holidays
James the Last wrote:

bobmcstuff wrote:
airbornebadger wrote:

You completely miss my point! Smile Which is that whilst guests abroad in somebody else's country, we should behave better than whilst at home - rather than picking fights on the slopes.

Nope. We should behave with the same level of politeness and courtesy as we would do anywhere. If you find you have to moderate your behaviour when abroad then you're probably a tw@t.

Excepting for local customs like taking your shoes off indoors in Japan or whatever (random example).

Picking fights with people should be equally unacceptable in France or England or anywhere else.
snow report
hang11 wrote:
He tried to blame her, and was getting in the way of me attending to her, so I lost the plot and decked him
I'm normally one of those who advocates de-escalating heated situations, but in this instance, it sounds like he definitely had it coming.

bobmcstuff wrote:
James the Last wrote:

Nope. We should behave with the same level of politeness and courtesy as we would do anywhere. If you find you have to moderate your behaviour when abroad then you're probably a tw@t.

Excepting for local customs like taking your shoes off indoors in Japan or whatever (random example).

Picking fights with people should be equally unacceptable in France or England or anywhere else.
Completely agreed, you should behave like a civilised human being wherever you are in the world, home or abroad. I feel no need to change my behaviour when abroad (except in specific cases, such as bobmcstuff's example) as I behave decently when I'm at home. As for the very, very infrequent occasions when some force may be needed to achieve an objective (such as in the terrible situation which hang11 found himself in, where someone was preventing him from attending to his injured daughter), there shouldn't be some sort of invisible shield around someone, just because they're 'from around here'...
ski holidays
hang11, you're well 'ard mate. Did you do time? Not nice to see a little girl be flattened, but you sound like a tool writing about it.

Also, can people stop calling each other "honey" and "petal" in an attempt to be patronising? If you want to do it properly, invite them to excavate your anus with their tongue or something similar. If you're not a 7'2" kickboxer who knocks f uck out of someone for dropping their fag-end in the lift queue then be more creative with your insults.

Dot., didn't realise you did a mil discount: how much out of interest? Not looking at the mo but always good to know, especially as you're a Brit (based) company.

P.S. When I'm in France I try and do as the locals do: aggressively queue-jump. The French don't seem to mind, as no-one complains. In the UK it's just quiet resentment, in France it's envy that they haven't managed the same.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 8-03-12 14:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
hang11 wrote:
Can't say I felt too proud of myself for doing that, especially in front of the kids, and not something I would normally do but.....

Well I'll feel proud about it on your behalf then. Well done. People like that deserve to be left in a "bleeding quivering mess". To hell with the law - it rarely does anything to help the average person.
latest report

Anarchy in the UK.

I bet I could fill any of you keyboard samurai in.
ski holidays
related news article
http://www.austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2012-03-05/39969/Mass_bust-up_in_ski_hut_
latest report
DB, excellent. "Police rushed to the scene on ski lifts" hahahahaha
snow conditions
Of course children always ski in control and would never cause an accident. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Dr John wrote:
DB, excellent. "Police rushed to the scene on ski lifts" hahahahaha

Brilliant writing!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy