Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sad day for those who ski or board at Chill Factor e

Poster: A snowHead
Chill Factor e have a new attraction, launched today.

http://www.chillfactore.com/snow-fun/avalanche

This thing takes up half the main slope and one lift.

It is not clear if it is to remain in place permananently.

Can't believe they've effectively cut the slope in half Sad

I honestly do not understand the management of this place, they seem to focus on everything but snowsports.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have i got that right - £50 for a 2 hour activity that you only get one ride down for ???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's an April fools day trick - theres no way that ramp at the end if 50 ft !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sev112, you might get two if there's availability!!

Is this place a ski slope or a theme park?? Why have they taken HALF the main slope out for this?! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This has to be some sort of a joke..................right? Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ricklovesthepowder, I don't think so Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Is this place a ski slope or a theme park??

I guess the answer to that is, its a business which needs to make money. If there are not enough skiers and boarders to make money, they either put the prices up or look at other activities. If enough people vote with their feet, they may reconsider, or just put on more of the same
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
THE WORLDS MOST EXPENSIVE ZORBING HILL!

BALMY! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris, Understand what you're saying but what I don't get is why it has to be like this at CFe? I don't know it but I don't see Hemel pulling such stunts as this. Skiing seems to be becoming a sideline at CFe.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sarah, We're nearly in March so I'm going to guess that the peak season for fridge skiing is over, therefore they will turn to other things. MK Xscape has lots of parties and sledging etc in the summer.

I don't know about Hemel, if they still have demand then they will stick to skiing, but I bet they would look at this type of thing if the demand slows up
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gatecrasher wrote:
BALMY!

I suspect it is still fairly cold.

I was going to go to try out some new boots this week, not sure whether to bother now.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris, I can cope with parties and sledging, even Zumba on the snow but this thing is a step too far Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris, Just got an email from Hemel telling how chuffed they are to bring back sledging Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not in same league but we were at xscape at castle ford 2 weeks ago trying some new boots and they have now built jumps rails etc... down both sides of the main piste leaving only a channel in the middle for those skiers and boarders who just want to go up and down, it's a small piste anyway. IMHO it spoilt it as you constantly had to avoid out of control and fallen boarders/ skiers (there were a lot while I was there) and those less confident seems very nervous passing but I can see they need to make money and the jumps were busy.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ricfrench wrote:
Boris, Just got an email from Hemel telling how chuffed they are to bring back sledging Evil or Very Mad
ricfrench, yeah but that'll be on the nursery slope surely?
snow report
It would seem more sensible to have times for these things, then clear the slope and leave it for skiing and boarding
snow report
Seriously £50 for that poo-poo? I cannot believe people will pay that much money just to get dizzy?

Maybe I should be charging people £5 a pop to roll down a field on our farm?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 29-02-12 23:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Not in same league but we were at xscape at castleford 2 weeks ago trying some new boots and they have now built jumps rails etc... down both sides of the main piste leaving only a channel in the middle for those skiers and boarders who just want to go up and down, it's a small piste anyway. IMHO it spoils it as you constantly had to avoid out of control and fallen boarders/ skiers who had either fallen on landing or come flying over the side after not hitting it right or bottling it at last moment (there were a lot while I was there) those less confident seemed very nervous passing but I can see they need to make money and the jumps were busy.
snow conditions
Apparently it will be in situ for 2 consecutive days, three times a month, and not coinciding with freestyle sessions.

Lift pass prices will not be reduced while half the slope is closed off, capacity will be reduced accordingly, however no comment either way as to whether main slope lessons will be suspended during those periods.

CFe are getting torn to pieces on their facebook page. Sign in to read all 160+ comments pretty much universally panning the hamsterball.

http://www.facebook.com/ChillFactore/posts/122709537855455
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
It would seem more sensible to have times for these things, then clear the slope and leave it for skiing and boarding

And as you know that is how Tamworth do it
latest report
DamonST, saw the FB comments but where did you find out about the two days/ 3 times a month bit?
snow report
re: CHILL-TON TOWERS - publicity stunt, looks carp but if it tickles the cheshire sets fancy then = serious money in the dead season, that's why it's priced at 50 quid a throw. On a personal note i gave up on chillton at christmas after returning to rossendale in the snow. Okay its plastic, but its big, its run by enthusiasts, the clubs and coaching are very good and it doesn't dump on it's customers. What I realised is the plastic really rewards good technique and punishes half hearted skiing / boarding. Just make sure you go in the damp Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Just a word of warning.........do not stand anywhere remotely near someone who exits a zorbing ball, unless you want to pay for dry cleaning... spoo
ski holidays
sarah wrote:
DamonST, saw the FB comments but where did you find out about the two days/ 3 times a month bit?

Went through the online booking week by week, and it is also confirmed by Em G in comments on the FB page.
latest report
DamonST, thanks, is it the same two days each week or does it vary?
snow report
kooky, gross spoo
snow conditions
sarah, I watched the zorbing on Flachau 2 summers ago, there were quite a few people chucking up, one threw up in the ball Shocked Also it was €40 a go, that´s why I just decided to watch, much more fun and free
ski holidays
sarah, DamonST, the fridges seem to make their serious money from selling lessons and leasing out the retail space. Next in line are the full price punters. Low down on the list are the vociferous facebook moaning regulars, who will buy a cheap low season monthly pass and then think they own the place. I looked at the link http://www.facebook.com/ChillFactore/posts/122709537855455 and many of the posts are the same people. Even if they amount to 100, it's not a lot considering the footfall at Chill Factore. As TechHead, said, it's obviously a publicity stunt, just watch the free radio and tv airtime they will get.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And complain to CFe here: info@chillfactore.com

I was truly shocked when I saw the video of this thing on their website. It takes up half of the main slope! This will ruin the facility for serious snowsports enthusiasts wanting to use it for regular practice, and I don't think beginners will much enjoy trying to use an overcrowded half-width slope either.

I certainly won't be wasting my money on the CFe until they get rid of it.
ski holidays
Quote:

CHILL-TON TOWERS

Well you obviously know what i know about where the new manager in Chill comes from. The addition of the ex Alton Towers staff appeared to be a good thing at first but I am not sure about this one.

migletski, The most successful aspect of British skiing at the moment is the Freeski / Freestyle team also the fastest growing aspect of skiing in General.
latest report
CathS wrote:

I certainly won't be wasting my money on the CFe until they get rid of it.

Toofy Grin oh, I just can't resist anymore Toofy Grin come and waste your cash on us, loads of it wink I feel better now Laughing
snow conditions
sunnbuel, Laughing yes, definitely a good time for you to get the adverts out highlighting what gimicks you don't have on offer on the slope!
ski holidays
This is all part of Chill Factore's "shut up and give us your money" mantra. There are some amazing staff there that really try and make the whole thing a great experience for the customers, but the high-ups have no interest in skiing or boarding and apparently have nothing but contempt for those that want to use the slope for recreational snowsports.

Even on the days where the slope is fully open the snow conditions will be awful because of the increased wear down that one side. Lessons will continue as normal I'm sure, so being down to one drag-lift will mean that there's no escape from the beginners falling off the lift and slowing things down even more. That and beginners practicing their turns will take up the majority of the lower quarter of the slope.

If anyone has a spare £30m lying around there's a great patch of real-estate next to CFe that's just begging to have another ski-slope built on it. A bit of competent management that actually pays some attention to the needs of its customers would put CFe out of business in 6 months.
latest report
Given all the fridges run some sort of non skiing activities, I seriously doubt there is demand to support a pure skiing hill. Dry slopes can do it agreed as there costs are lower.
snow conditions
sunnbuel, it's already happening according to Guest Services at CFe who actually told me that they had lost a lot of regulars to Ski Rossendale (I was at the desk making a complaint as there was no coach for the first half hour of race training the other week). There have been so many changes, he acknowledged this and said they were not all for the better.

I have no issue with the freestyle kit. It's snowsports and what the slope was intended and there are fixed times for it.

MISteve, agree about the staff at CFe generally, there are some really fantastic instructors and coaches there, shame for them they have to work under such direction.
latest report
MISteve, you have to understand that the overheads of Chillton are eyewatering. It is after all business and they need to make money. Take a step back and and consider what they are doing or trying to do. Widening their customer base. Creating out of season revenue. These people do have a bit of experience of this sort of thing - see Alton Towers for details.
As i type Chillton are getting loads of free publicity on Crapital radio with presenters waxing lyrical about the amazing zorbing on snow experience, one song and here they go again, this will go on all day. Ah now they are taking the pee out of the snowboarders who were shouting abuse at the Zorbers - excellent stuff.
Time will tell
snow report
sarah, yes I hear there has been an avalanche of complaints, if they are not careful the whole thing will snowball out of control
snow conditions
when you watch the 50 sec vid and realize about 10 secs is still faffing at the top of the slope it makes for a very expensive 40 sec ride !
ski holidays
My god what utter drivel. I've never read such marketing BS in my life.

"Avalance Mission Control" ?!
"Dedicated flight attendant"
"Avalanche flight crew"
"Changing zone"

Sorry to use language but what total and utter b0110cks !

Talk about hamming it up. And how they can pad out a single 30 second roll into a 2 hour "experience" really is quite beyond me.

And seriosuly... bragging about it being the first sphereing on snow ? So what - you're in a sphere that you can't see through - it makes no difference to being on a normal grassy green hill, appart from on a grass hill you're not annoying the other people who are actually trying to use the snow....

Still they can flog you an overpriced crap t-shirt and mug too, all part of the "experience".
snow report
sunnbuel wrote:
sarah, yes I hear there has been an avalanche of complaints, if they are not careful the whole thing will snowball out of control

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy