Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

that'll do for me im off!

Poster: A snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Watch it, Canv - that slope could avalanche at any moment.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CANV CANVINGTON, With a pair of "all terrain" ski's on you will be laughing!!!! wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best snow on the upper slopes ? Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

think the board may need waxing after this...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CANV CANVINGTON,
I've said it before, but you'll do a lot worse than Obertauern for snow reliabilty. If you want morale boosting piccies of snow, keep looking at the Lurzer Alm webcams through the (long) season snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
blimey looks like these update on here as well.. i'd liek to add that there was a (little) bit more snow when i posted these honest.. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CANV, 'fraid so - last night they were black... Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep, think you may want to wait a while before travelling Laughing On a more serious note, it is very rare for snow to stay more than a few days until you get to the middle of October and often it's the middle of November before you get sufficient snow to start letting the piste machines out on all but the highest slopes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just looking at the above picture (with the Red Bull umbrella bar) - anyone know what's going on with the pipes and the diggers? That's the middle of the Edelweiss piste that they've dug up and there's a huge mound of earth there at the moment. It's above the middle of the village so I don't know if it involves drainage/sewage or water for snow making?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 20-09-05 11:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It may look good in the winter, but on a wet september morning Skullie
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It looked quite nice yesterday, but what's all that coloured rubbish strewn about the place?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
what's going on

Quote:
there's a huge mound of earth there at the moment.

It's an Act of God. The God of Moguls. (or mother of moguls)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar.org.uk, I think they may be camera artifacts...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
that 'bump' is now about twice the size it was last year.. ive got a photo from then but i have no idea how to put it on here..
maybe its to stop pissed people sking into the side of that hotel in the dark...!
snow report
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
that 'bump' is now about twice the size it was last year.. ive got a photo from then but i have no idea how to put it on here..
maybe its to stop pissed people sking into the side of that hotel in the dark...!

I'd estimate the bump is 3 or 4 times the size of the incline there even this year. Definitely temporary work in progress before being returned to normal. Mind you it was comical watching all the skiers piling out of the Mankei Alm (above this piste) at about 5.30 and zig zagging in comic drunk fashion down to the Red Bull bar snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Isn't that a tower crane just to the right of the mound ? I wondered about the 'coloured rubbish' too but either it's been collected PDQ or it was sunlight glinting on the last remains of the snow. Suspect the latter.
latest report
hopefully they will build another bar on top so we dont have to zig zag so far this year..! wink
snow report
I woke up this morning, and was flicking through the channels, and found the alpine camera channel. No snow, but I did watch it and look very carefully as they went round different resorts.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat,

How do you get this channel? It doesn't seem to be available on my digibox Sad
ski holidays
If you got access to Belgium TV they show the resorts cams every morning.
ski holidays
In the UK you can watch channels BR or 3SAT on the old SKY analogue system. Alternatively you can buy a digital system from Maplins for about £99 and then you pick up one of the other Astra (?) satellites - not the SKY digital service. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy