Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - the restaurant at the top of the Transarc lift

Poster: A snowHead
my 5 year old isnt quite up to skiing blues yet but Id like for us to have lunch somewhere up in the mountain tomorrow - easiest looks top of the Transarc bubble and back down again (she likes the bubbles). Anyone know what the restaurant is like up there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The restaurant is large, self service with a nicely positioned terrace. I tend never to eat there since it is usually crowded and not generally not worth the hassle, but there is nothing actually wrong with it. After all there are lots of much nicer restaurants within a 10 minute ski (with the exception of Villaroger and Arc 1600 everywhere is within a 10 minute ski).

Having said the negative bit I think your child would really love it. I recall taking my son, when he was 4 or 5 and had only just started skiing, up to the Arpette for lunch. We took the cachette chair and then skied across to the restaurant, had lunch and meandered down Gollet. It took all afternoon to get down since we had to keep looking in the woods for bears. It was fantastic. Now he just says "bye dad" does a few skating steps and disappears into the sunset.

Have a nice lunch
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy Alcott, in nice weather, the terrace looking out over the valley down to Nancoix is a great spot. As JohnE says, not the greatest, but adequate, acceptable and nothing to get either upset or ecstatic about. Get there at as early as poss and the self serve Q is shortest.
Like John we will tend to eat there not as first choice, but if hunger pangs strike some of the smaller members of the party, or weather closes in.

Another option of course for a "not skiing" access, is to get the bus around to 1950 and go to the creperie which is very child friendly - since the runs go through the village, it does feel like you are a la piste. And there's the various slopes inside the village designed for the minis, with magic carpet, for post-food play opportunities. Just an alternative thought.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isn't that where the ice sculptures are as well?

Kid should love that
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went, the views were great, but it was a proper bun fight Laughing We turned round and ate elsewhere. Stopped for a drink at the Arpette restaurant. That was a fab place.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skitrack, It was chaotic - might try and pop up there a bit later tomorrow to see them
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shimmy Alcott, the Arpette is a favourite, although can also get very busy. Lovely terrace, with great views across the Tarentaise.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for the Arpette both in winter and summer, the views are fantastic.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, Yeah but these guys need to wake up to the 21st century and offer free wifi.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fogliettaz, The Arpette is a pleasant stroll from 1600 in the summer. We sometimes walk up there towards the end of the day for a beer. Though I have never had the courage to try the swimming pool. Even on a brilliant sunny day it looks freezing.

Shimmy Alcott, did the 5 YO get lunch?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnE, We came down into 1800, she had nuggets Laughing I had a very nice tartiflette. Im not brave enough to take her over to arpette as those skinny blues get a bit bottle necked. Next year should be better as she can have lessons at home once she hits six in November.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We stopped for a bit by the waterside and saw lots come down, good fun until you see someone take a bad fall Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shimmy Alcott, Another idea for your little one if she likes being in the mountains - take her over to Vallandry & go up that lift & lunch at Aux Enfants Terribles (ex Poudreuse). Lovely terrace there & good views. Then she can ski Foret to Derby & from there, Maitaz back to 1800 Smile Hope you're all having fun.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
genepi, I might have a word with her instructor tomorrow to see if he thinks she can do those runs. Foret has been nice and quiet this week and the snow is good in the trees. Thanks.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnE, must be a while since you were at the Arpette in summer. The pool has been gone for a few years now and last summer the resturant did not open in July. Not sure of the plans for next summer yet, I will ask and post what they say.

Shimmy Alcott, Pity I missed you today, was busy playing off piste before the bad weather comes back. If you do not have any plans for tomorrow lunch time do you fancy meeting up. Best if you PM me as then I get it as an email and will read it before going out in the morning. Hope the kids are enjoying there lessons. Who are you using? As for eating at the top of Transarc. I hardly ever go there as it is always busy. An easy place to get too is the Chalet du Pre Esprit at the bottom of the blue run below Arc 1950. A very easy route for the kids and you have the option of the bus if they do not want to go back up on the slow chair. Plus the food is good!
latest report
snowcrazy, I'll Pm you
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, my little girl learnt to ski on the runs above Vallandry, they are very gentle. You can play in the bowl for hours as well if needed. Just be careful on the lift in the bowl, it's slow, but comes around very quickly if that makes sense!!!!

The route genepi, describes is a nice way back as well, with lots of little bumps to edge of Matiz to play on as well
ski holidays
snowcrazy,
Quote:

The pool has been gone for a few years now and last summer the resturant did not open in July.

Was it the year before when the restaurant was closed for renovation. Thinking about it I went to other places last summer including sport climbing on the Deux Tete while all the dump trucks were trundling by. It is sad that all the years seem to be merging into one Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy