Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hot weather - getting worried

Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Pila at the end of March (fly out on 26th). The reason I chose Pila is because I have been there before and it is all north/north east facing. However, the weather is getting quite warm now and I am a bit worried about the snow conditions for when I go.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pro tip:- Pack lots of sun cream and some shorts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Definitely cancel now, it'll be rubbish.

rolling eyes

Weather changes. If you looked at the weather outlook thread you would know it is currently forecast to get colder again next week. And no-one can tell you what it will be like at the end of March.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970, aren't you supposed to be on the way to Courmayeur? It's this week's warm weather you ought to be worrying about. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jb1970, I am reliably informed that you have a top sense of humour. Please, please, PLEASE tell me this is a wind-up! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pila is the school ski trip capital this Easter - enjoy!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
jb1970, aren't you supposed to be on the way to Courmayeur? It's this week's warm weather you ought to be worrying about. wink

Decided not to go - heart not really in it just after the funeral and need to stay and support my mum. I just hope there is now when I do go at the end of March; hence the new posting!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep the forecast in La Plagne is +14c today and here in Hampshire it's only +12! snowHead
Just checked and on Friday its forecast +15c there and only +11c here Confused

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 28-02-12 17:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica wrote:
jb1970, I am reliably informed that you have a top sense of humour. Please, please, PLEASE tell me this is a wind-up! wink

I do have a sense of humour (apparently!) No, its not a wind up - I picked Pila cos I've been before and because its high and north/north east facing but worried about the warm weather now.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pedantica, p.s. who told you i have a "top" sense of humour?!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jb1970, I know several sHs who have met you.
But back to the topic in hand...you are SERIOUSLY concerning yourself now with the weather at the end of March? Please don't - there could be another ice age before we get to the end of March. wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hear the mountain biking is great in Pila...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FFS not again.
I'm out

Ok Bye
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I am a bit worried

Relax - its meant to be a holiday!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jb1970, are you not also worried about the possibility of your flight's being disrupted by volcanic activity? Or getting a bad cold just before you leave? Aren't you worried about being just a bit too laid back this time?
ski holidays
jb1970, Not that it means much but I've been in Pila later than that several times and it's been superb.

Looking at the various posts cropping up today there seems to be allot of folk flapping about this warm weather and will they being skiing on grass.....

However it just so happens that I know there's going to be a huge storm blanketing the entire alps which will start the morning of the 20th March and end around 1600hrs on the 23rd. I will be in St Anton the 24th.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Grizwald - what will you do if there is so much snow you can't get to St Anton? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
It'll definitely be better on the upper slopes.....

Hat, coat....
latest report
Pop over to the EOSB Info thread - you can really scare 'em! Laughing
Loads of snow shovels still in the shops anyway, it'll be fine.
snow report
I am now really worried about end of March for skiing - I am off to Pila then and yesterday it was 15º in Pila.
latest report
jb1970, did you see this, above?
Quote:

If you looked at the weather outlook thread you would know it is currently forecast to get colder again next week.
ski holidays
Pedantica wrote:
jb1970, did you see this, above?
Quote:

If you looked at the weather outlook thread you would know it is currently forecast to get colder again next week.

I did but doesn't stop me being concerned!
latest report
jb1970, how, if at all, could anyone who has responded to your thread have allayed your concern?
snow conditions
I'd rebook. No way I'd be chancing Pila at the end of March Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I think that, for jb1970, posting on snowHeads is but a tiny variant on talking to himself.
snow report
Ah bless... No point in worrying about the weather or snowfall. It is what it is and you can't change it.
snow report
jb1970, pack your Burberry trackies and you'll look cool even if it's hot Cool
snow report
jb1970, Cancel Pila and book Milton Keynes. 100% snow sure and cheaper flights Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica wrote:
I think that, for jb1970, posting on snowHeads is but a tiny variant on talking to himself.

Could be, do you think he also loses the argument when he talks to himself? Toofy Grin

jb1970 That's intended as a joke by the way Madeye-Smiley
snow report
it was virtually all melted in Les Arcs as we left this morning Sad
ski holidays
jb1970 wrote:
I am now really worried about end of March for skiing - I am off to Pila then and yesterday it was 15º in Pila.

And? What effect do you foresee a couple of warm days now having on conditions in a month?
snow conditions
clarky999 wrote:
jb1970 wrote:

And? What effect do you foresee a couple of warm days now having on conditions in a month?

Basically, the way I see it is if the weather continues the way it is, there will be virtually no snow come end of March.
ski holidays
Quote:

if the weather continues the way it is

that's a big "if".
ski holidays
jb1970 wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
jb1970 wrote:

Basically, the way I see it is if the weather continues the way it is, there will be virtually no snow come end of March.

How long have you been using this forum, and how long have you been skiing?

There is nothing at all indicating summer is here for good, crazy concept, but mountain weather does tend to fluctuate - and it takes a seriously long time to melt this much snow. It doesn't just run away as soon as the temperature jsut goes into the plus. Unless it rains solidly for the next month, the snow will be absolutely fine at the end of March, just as it is in 99% of seasons, including crappy ones like the last.
latest report
If it makes you feel better, I was in Tignes/Val at the end of last March into April, at the end of a season of rubbish snow. The weather was BAKING but guess what? The snow was absolutely fine, and you could ski all the way down into Les Brevieres.

Stop worrying.
snow conditions
jb1970, you can listen to the majority of posters who are telling you not to worry or to those who are pulling your leg Very Happy

We ski in April every year and have only had one holiday where we struggled to ski (and that was last year which was tricky in many places). Even then, it's still fantastic in the mountains & sun like a summer holiday wink

Chill pill Very Happy
ski holidays
Lou wrote:
it's still fantastic in the mountains & sun like a summer holiday wink

Chill pill Very Happy

+1

of all the things to worry about in life, sitting atop a mountain in the sunshine enjoying a beer is not one of them.
snow conditions
jb1970 wrote:
I am a bit worried

Worry not rolling eyes It was cold enough in Tignes last night for a slight dusting of snow. Colder weather and more snow is forecast for the next week Very Happy
snow report
Lou, Tried skiing on this at Easter last year.

Had a good laugh though, this was the best bit

Still holding out for this year though, if it looks similar I think it's off to visit the olds in Devon snowHead
ski holidays
Hot weather getting worried?........NO

We have been to val disere for the past
5yrs on the same week (last sat of march)
so basically last week of march into early April.

Always had a great week & i can't remember
a week that we did not have a bit of fresh
snow whilst there. Even last yr which was not
the best season snow wise, we had a dump of
Snow which unturn that morning had us skiing
boot deep on piste.

We go again 24th march, can't wait. This yr
could be different for sure. But given my
experience of the last 5yrs I'm not in the little
bit worried.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy