Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids lessons at Snozone

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm taking my son (4 in July) for his first taste of skiing at the Snozone. I'm after some advice about if it's better to get him in a group lesson for an hour or a private lesson for half an hour. Any suggestions welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pure chance as we had booked a group lesson for my 5 year old for her first lesson at Tamworth fridge but when we turned up she was the only one in the group so it turned out to be a private lesson with 1 pupil and 2 instructors, the upshot of that was instead of taking the usual 3 or 4 sessions to pass each of the junior levels she breezed through them in 1 session each. Chatting to the instructor later and she said it was entirely down to the private lesson in session one where they had easily finished that and done about 2/3 of level 2 just thanks to the more time skiing and no standing around waiting.
So while I had booked a group lesson I'd say go with a private lesson (plus an hour sounds a bit long for a 4 year old to concentrate particularly when a good chunk of it is standing around waiting for everyone else to do their stuff)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a similar experience when I took junior aged 4. Only him on the snocubs lesson on the nursery slop, then half way up the main slope within half an hour of learning pizza slice. Been a couple of times since and max 4 in a class so they get plenty of attention and it's better value. That said its your money!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mally, If you go private; I'd suggest 30 mins only as the little ones cannot manage more and it's a bit intense anyway.

Also; don't have any expectations of progress. If he spends more time standing up then lying down then he (and his instructor) have done well.

He make take to it like a duck to water; I had a kid a couple of weeks ago who just "got it" and was ploughing down after 20 minutes or so and loving it, Some just want to make snow-angels!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi

My 4 year old was in a class of 6 at snozone and spent lots of time standing around waiting.
She did well though and went from sobbing all the way through the first lesson to coming down the main slope after 4 lessons.
At our local snozone in Casleford they have move to sno cubs (4 weeks), then sno bears(4 Weeks) and then have sunday kids club that is 1.5 hours with about 10 kids and 2 or 3 instructors doing lots of fun stuff and it only costs about £15 per week, which I think is good. She is now 6 and skis very confidently.
We went on our first holiday to Peisey last month and they took her out of the junior class into the 8 to 10 year olds group where she coped fine. It was funny to watch as she is ony 1m tall and 3 stone in weight and looked tiny against the others.
Snozone kids club about once every 3 weeks has been great for her.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy