Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - Stay at Les Granges or Nancroix?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at two chalets for Feb 1/2 term 2013 in Les Arcs. One at Les Granges which would mean using the funicular to access the skiing and one at Nancroix which would mean using the bus or driving and parking to access the skiing. Is the funicular busy during school holidays and are there any difficulties getting on at La Granges? What is the parking like at the lifts in Plan Peisy/Vallandry or is the bus service sufficient? Chalets are Millerette and Les Sapins (Alpine Fanatics), anyone stayed at these? Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KarenWing Welcome to Snowheads

I'm going back a couple of years but there didn't appear to be any issues with parking in Peisey-Vallandry, although as you're 'peak weeking it' then it might be easier to get the bus up. I wouldn't stay in nancroix myself when you could stay in Peisey, plan-Peisey or vallandry all of which are lift linked directly, so much less pfaff if people need to come back early.

Note that Nancroix is deader than the archetypal parrot from a monty python sketch - literally there is nothing happening of an evening, but I can't imagine les granges is particularly kicking. So if you're looking for a cheeky post match beer then it might be have a beer 'up the hill' and then get down - easier on the funicular than waiting for the infrequent buses to nancroix. The runs back to les granges, going as low as they do can close if the snow is rubbish, so it's onto the funicular.

Not sure about how busy the funicular is - French 1/2 term seems to only start on the 18th so depending on what your dates are for the UK then you might miss the french holiday - note I've seen w/c the 11th for some uk and w/c 18th for other parts
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is parking at vallandry and piesey sufficient for everyone who is staying there! Even in quieter weeks you can struggle to find a space close to the lifts, so there will be a walk.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy