Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Annual boys trip (well, two grown men) and never been here. Usually got to Morzine or Soll, so this will be new for us. We are first lifts and love cruising lots of miles, ski until mid afternoon, hit the bars, eat and crash in bed by around 1030.

So- tell me about it. The skiing, the apres, the anything you can think of.

Staying at Planibel
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skied across from La Rosiere several times. The snow & skiing on the Italian side tends to be better although this does depend on the weather. Locals say if it is sunny on the French side it will be cloudy or snowing on the Italian (and vice versa).

Some nice steep fast blacks down to base level.

Some wonderful runs if fresh powder esp. around Pt. St Bernard pass area.

La Rascard for great pizza (might need to book if high season).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Rascard has come up a few times on here. My memory of it, is that it was utterly terrible and nearly always closed. I think it has changed hands several times in the last few years, so there are a variety of differing opinions for that reason (I was there in Feb 2008).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulio wrote:
La Rascard has come up a few times on here. My memory of it, is that it was utterly terrible and nearly always closed. I think it has changed hands several times in the last few years, so there are a variety of differing opinions for that reason (I was there in Feb 2008).

I think I've been there more recently ?2010 or 2009. When we were last there it was very busy but food was good.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's good news. I'd heard great things about it, and then was extremely disappointed!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
More of a working town than Resort but the slopes are good.

This year the snow is better on La Rosiere side with the San Bernardo Pass area standing up well.

In my mind La Rascard is the best restaurant in the whole ski area. You nearly always need to book. It's been the best for the last two years so I think some of the info on here is old paulio,
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A 6 day lift pass includes 2 days in Courmayeur or Pila and it is well worth going to them just for a change of scenery.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We used to use the Rascard for lunch on trips over from Les Arcs but were advised that it had changed hands/gone down hill - so last couple of years we have lunched at the Riondet, http://www.loriondet.it/homepage.asp?l=1 , which was very good.

If you like hot chocolate then try the one at the little rifugio by the bottom on the Piccolo San Bernardo Express chair lift.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Clotze, situated at the bottom of the Chalet Express lift serves fantastic burgers.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rascard is pretty basic, but serves great pizza starting from 5€. What's not to like?

It does get very busy (booking essential) and can be a bit stuffy if the weather is warm.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I like La Thuille but I'm not sure if it meets your like crusing lots of miles will meet you brief or not-certainly will when you consider what other resorts are a short bus ride away though. I think with Le Ros the total number is 150 ish KM's but the link is so tedious I couldn't be on with it every day.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter, it is a fantastic resort - The only downside would have to be the lack of apres ski.

I have been to La Thuile 3 times in the last two years, and .... am going again this Thursday.

Lots of skiing to be had, and by the sound of things, it will be a good resort for you two boys! 150 km's of piste!

Foodwise, my favourite eating spots, are Le Coq Maf, La Fordze, Pepita, Lalisse, and Copapan. There are however one or two places that are not quite as good as the others. I do not have an opinion on Lo Riondet or Le Rascard, as for some unknown reason have not eaten at either of them.

If you would like any other specific information send me a private message.

There are probably many other Snowheads that have a vast knowledge of la Thuile.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JHBGerry, PM'd you
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy