Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets all mountain course equivalent

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are in LG at the end of March for a week. My husband and I are both reasonable skiers but have accumulated some technical issues that need correcting to go back to being proper all mountain skiers. I'm 30, he's 37 and we're both reasonably fit. I've been skiing since I was 5, I think he was about 9 when he started but we've had long breaks. The BASS have an all mountain course that sounded perfect for us but 1) It's in Morzine rather than LG which is more of an issue because 2) We only have morning childcare arrangements for our two children and the course is in the afternoon.

We quite happy to have our techniques taken to absolute bits to help us improve.

Can anyone suggest anything else? I didn't think the price (E195pp) was too bad but definitely can't justify spending more than that. I also liked the alternative day aspect of it. Are there any independents in LG?

Thanks in advance, sorry for wading into SH and just asking boring questions!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MeMyselfandI, Welcome! Don't apologise, this is what snowHeads is all about... although I can't help you Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MeMyselfandI,

Have you asked BASS about doing a similar course in Les Gets in the morning, as they do have instructors in Les Gets too - you probably have or you wouldn't be asking here ..

There is http://www.skischool.co.uk/ - the Les Gets Ski School, try Tim Scott

and also http://www.alpinelearningcurves.co.uk/ - Joe Beer is spoken of highly.

and I expect others will be along with more suggestions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MeMyselfandI, here you go: http://www.skischool.co.uk/
Tim Scott and Tim Jackson are warmly recommended by many snowHeads
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pedantica, Pamski, thank you very much. I had googled but obviously shamefully ineffectively as I hadn't found either of the above.

Michelle, Cheers Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote]

Can anyone suggest anything else? I didn't think the price (E195pp) was too bad but definitely can't justify spending more than that. I also liked the alternative day aspect of it. Are there any independents in LG?

[/quote
We're going with www.the snow institute.com. We'll be with them before you go out, so I'll PM you with some feedback.

Tim
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
godthatssteep, thanks, that would be cool.

Has anyone used 360? They seem very cheap but if it's a case of pay peanuts and get elephants there isn't a whole lot of point. For all the discussions I've seen of BASS being expensive I think the All Mountain Course is really good value for money comparatively.

I have to do this trip on the cheap as I've :cough: kind of forced MrMM&I into it using a combination of nagging/feminine wiles/booking the trip while he was in Klosters with a friend.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have used 360 for our grand-daughter and been very pleased - small classes, sometimes with two instructors. I believe that Lou has had classes with them herself as well as her sons so she may be able to comment.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MeMyselfandI, +1 (or 2 or whatever it is) for Tim Scott and Joe Beer's set-ups. Skied with them both for years, particularly Joe. Nothing he can't teach you, especially if you want to do it tele. wink And if your OH's up for it, Joe's great company. In Tim's defence
Quote:
warmly recommended
is a euphemism for "all the ladies love Timmy's blue eyes". Apparently. rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I did the BASS All Mountain course last year. The Morzine meeting point is the top of the Pleney lift which you can reach in two lifts from Les Gets so not that difficult to get to. I ended up on the course with two others who were not as good skiers - they bottled out of skiing mogully blacks and easier between piste stuff which is what the course is aimed at. In two days I never got out of my comfort zone and the instructor arranged for me to take the third day as a credit against a future booking (which I haven't used yet) because it really wasn't worth me wasting my time on. You may be lucky or you may find yourself in the wrong group. Or you may be better off taking a private lesson...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

godthatssteep, thanks, that would be cool.

Pm sent
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would recommend Joe Beer at Alpine Learning Curves, Ed and Joe are very flexible with arrangements. BASS are also as good but I do note the potential issues with groups and the standard being too wide but BASS has more instructors so may be able to work around that for you. Also try The Snow Institue run by Mo and Sally Duffy and they too are very flexible with lessons etc. All of the Morzine Schools operate in Les Gets too, as one of the posts says either way it is a couple of lifts between Morzine and Les Gets so you have choices.

The other thing to take into account is that there is more 'variable' terrain to be had in Avoriaz where you will certainly get the all mountain experience which isn't too far away if you have a car and is on the Portes Du Soleil lift pass?

Good luck
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy