Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Martin de Belleville

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

Quick question... thinking of spending a long weekend there. Any idea if there are any bars in this village... I know it is supposed to be reasonably quiet but all I am need is one bar that has a reasonably pares ski atmosphere... to have acople of nice beers after a day on the hill with some like minded folk and some decent tunes playing... Very Happy

Thinking of staying in Chatelard as well so if anyone has any info on this hamlet I would really appreciate it. All I know is that it is supposed to be only 1km form lift.... 10 min walk ??????

Thx folks... Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brewskis Bar. Simples !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure Brewski's is still open unfortunately. Certainly it wasn't the last time we passed through a couple of years ago.

If you're looking for straight-off-the-hill apres, I don't think you'll find it in St Martin. Might be better to finish in Les Menuires and get the navette back. Otherwise, there are a selection of bars for evening drinks, but they were all quite quiet any time we've been there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DidierCouch wrote:
I'm not sure Brewski's is still open unfortunately. Certainly it wasn't the last time we passed through a couple of years ago.

What a shame. Great memories of that place.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were there two years ago and the bar at the bottom of the telecabine was pretty lively immediately after skiing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DidierCouch, & johnE, are right
we have been 7 times and whilst there are bars & resturaunts it is more of a family resort, with little apres ski that I know of.
The Dahlia (Poss the one JohnE was commenting on) at the bottom of the slope, near the telecabin station, more brit populated, is busy immediately afterwards but doesn;t go through the night - don;t expect fast service tho, unless sat at the bar !.
There is a hotel as well with bar, next to the Dahlia, but more for French clientel - I can;t remember the name but was great for food & snacks.
The Piano bar (behind the church, a little walk off the piste) is popular with ex-pats after skiing, but more a quiet drink than apres ski (in my experience although we don;t stay late), although they do have live music & dj some evenings - although don;t expect banging garage or house music.
There is also a bar at the bottom of the beginners button lift but more frequented by ESF instructors.
The car park is almost adjacent to the lift @ 100 yrds walk and free.
We love the feel of the place, although the one run in can be wearing, especially if icy & for novices.

Hope this helps.
Noisey
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed there a few times (La Dahlia Appartments) and had a great time, one year was actually a stag do for a friend who lives in St Jean!

La Dahlia bar is great but as stated closes at around 10pm. There are a couple of smaller ones too, if I could remember their names I would provide them Very Happy

Also (again I forget the name) but you can get well priced food at the restaraunt about 100 yards to the left of La Dahlia as you look at it. God I need to drink less I can barely remember pubs names 2 years later!!!

On a side note, the run leading through the tunnel gets hella icey late on in the day, has caught me out a few times!!! But then again Im not the most accomplished skier... yet!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The icy tunnel catches everyone out !!
just make sure you are straight as you enter it & don;t turn until well out of it....

Luckily they have made a few elbows / dog leg runs to avoid the worse drops (the one above SMB 1 + the top of the tunnel hill & just at the bottom of the hill at the entrance to the tunnel so you can avoid those areas in busy / icy times....

Don;t let that put you off, we can;t stay away.... Jarusalem makes up for it (evveryone elses preferred run - Paramint is my favourit, when open - both close to "home".
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agreed, St Martin is not really the place for apres-ski. The Dahlia is the most lively, at the end of the bubble, up the hill from the main village. The Piano Bar nice and quiet, but definitely not buzzing. We gnerally did either of these and then made our own apres-ski in our apartment!

Can highly recommend St Martin in all other respects.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy