Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new year skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi,

me, my girlfriend and another couple are hoping to go skiing for new year. we are all beginners and have zero knowledge of resorts, where's best etc.
hoping someone can advise us on the best European ski holidays at new year, obviously looking for somwhere with good snow and some nightlife, budget between £600-£1000 per person.

thanks for any help
much appreciated

travis
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
trav82, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead snowHead snowHead What does your budget have to include? If it's everything, including ski pass, hire of kit, lessons etc, then £600 is a bit optimistic, especially at New Year, which is the busiest and most expensive time of the year.

Some of the main tour operators (Crystal, Inghams, etc) do special bargain weeks for complete beginners, with everything included. You could do a lot worse than have a look at some of those - it would take a lot of hassle off your shoulders. You need to read the brochures carefully to see what's included. One of the biggest costs of a ski holiday is the lift pass - and that won't usually be included.

New Year is too early in the season to be guaranteed plenty of snow; it's the luck of the draw, really. Be wary of brochures which speak of "guaranteed snow" because of snow cannons - they can't work unless it's cold at night, and sometimes it isn't cold enough.

However, as beginners, you only need a few slopes and ski instructors are good at finding the best places to ski.

You'll have a ball. snowHead However, if you could delay your trip till early/mid January you'd have a cheaper and less crowded ball.

One possibility worth looking at, if your budget is tight, is holidays at UCPA centres in France, marketed in the UK by Action Outdoors. Genuinely all-in, full board, very good instruction. The centre at Flaine has double rooms (some are dorms, which probably wouldn't suit you). My daughter and BF stayed there and had a great room with its own balcony looking over the slopes. Prices far cheaper than you'll get any other way, particularly if you are prepared to do overnight coach travel.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you can go away from school holiday time then you'll get a lot better deals. We have to go Christmas/New Year as we have children and a school teacher!

Along with UCPA, Rocket Ski tend to be well priced too, not been away with them, apparently the hotels are a bit budget.... they're used for school ski trips most of the time, but I can't imagine many school teachers want to take their school kids away for New Year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy