Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quiver Killers (Binding inserts) in Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'd like to have quiver killers installed on a few pairs of skis but can't find anybody geared up and willing to do it in Vienna, Austria. (Although they have "very kindly" offered to sell me numerous ski touring bindings at €400 a go rolling eyes )

http://quiverkiller.com/html/system.html
http://quiverkiller.com/

I'b be prepared to travel to a ski resort within Austria. Can anybody help?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB, Thought about doing it yourself? I think Jon at ski tuning.com will sell you'll the bits and you could do the work and save some cash. All the prices are on his website.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markymark29 wrote:
DB, Thought about doing it yourself? I think Jon at ski tuning.com will sell you'll the bits and you could do the work and save some cash. All the prices are on his website.

Never installed a binding myself but a friend used to service skis etc so have thought about getting the gear and letting him do it. It looks like a drill press rather than tapping the threads by hand is less risky though.

http://www.wildsnow.com/3853/quiver-killer-binding-mount-inserts/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DB, Suggest you speak or email Jon, he's best man to speak to IMO...

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/

He did mine, also friends, very pleased and great system
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Patrick at the Green Room, Mayrhofen, has done a few sets now, mail him at info@greenroom.at and I'm sure he can help out!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DB, the easiest solution would be to purchase all the stuff, including an installation kit, & get your local shop to install them. I've sent a good number of orders out to Austria & that's what most customers have done.

If they won't then QK are pretty easy to install yourself if the skis have already been drilled for the bindings you wish to use as you're simply drilling out & tapping the existing holes. If the skis have to be drilled from scratch you ideally require a jig so you could get your local shop to drill the locations with a jig/binding drill & you can take over from there.
Alternatively if you let me know your BSL I can make a paper template for your bindings & send it with the QK components.

The use of a drill press is definately overkill as the QK drill & tap will follow the line of the existing holes. In fact using a drill press can actually cause problems as a ski's top sheet often curves & you ideally want the inserts perpendicualr to the top sheet which is not necessarily true vertical. If you do a couple of practice inserts in an old ski or piece of timber first you'll be away.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the_doc & spyderjon many thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy