Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any tips on the best/easiest way to check snow conditions in europe resorts?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey-hey Headz, sorry if this is in the wrong place or whatever, havent posted much before and forgotten how/where to do it properly?!

Just wanted to ask about how/where I can check up-to-date+accurate snow/weather conditions...I'm trawling through ski deals for week 17th March and want to check im not booking a cheap but not-so-cheerful+snow deprived hol! I see that this season seems to be overall pretty wicked with snowfall so far (yay!), some of the holiday companies do have reports, but they want u to buy their holiday so....you know what I mean?! (also if anyone knows of good deals/websites to check esp for that week then give me a shout!!)

Cheers very much snow-hunters! Jx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jenni, The weather is generally very warm at the moment, but as you say there's plenty of snow depth (not that that helps, if the top 2 inches is elephant snot). There could be a big change coming up though, so nobody can give you much idea now what will be happening in the latter half of March. If you're looking for a "last minute deal" for 17 March, you need to hold your nerve and book nearer the time (and be flexible).

Meanwhile, there's a LOT of information on snow conditions here on Snowheads, on a range of resorts. And get yourself over to the weather thread. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=75893#1994589
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
as a rough guide, www.snow-forecast.com has 6 day weather and snow reports but most of the larger resorts have threads on this forum which have photos etc and give a pretty good idea of what's going on. You just have to keep looking Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For Austrian snow depths, new snow and lifts open ....
http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/schneewerte/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys thats brilliant..
I could prob hold out4 last min deals Pam but wondering how last minute to leave it/when they would come out roughly? Just that im gonna be booking with couple other ppl and dont want2mess up Happy What did u mean about a big change coming up, u mean less snowfall and thaws predicted or something?!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jenni, there's snow forecast for French Alps during w/c 4 March, which should help. However, as stated by others, weather and conditions could change a lot by mid March. For 17 March it should be relatively easy to get a late deal. Personally I'd be looking the weekend before, once snow conditions and forecast are becoming better known. If something very good was offered I'd go for it then. If not, I'd hang on until 2 or 3 days before departure. If you know roughly where you might go (eg country) and what type of holiday you want (S/C, Hotel, Chalet, etc) I may be able to suggest good sites to look at for late deals.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dare I say ski club GB

but beware all snow reports from almost every source may contain bias.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DB wrote:
For Austrian snow depths, new snow and lifts open ....
http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/schneewerte/

I second that. By far the most reliable I've used for last 3 trips to austria.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jenni, I'd agree with intermediate, so long as you are not booking for a big group. If there are 4 or fewer, you should be OK with late booking. Also, if you do a bit of digging, you can get snow report information which is little less biased than the usual "wow, it's great", often from local bloggers. Webcams can also be useful.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Personally I'd be looking the weekend before, once snow conditions and forecast are becoming better known. If something very good was offered I'd go for it then. If not, I'd hang on until 2 or 3 days before departure.

Yes, I'd agree with that. until 11 March is peak school holiday season in France - best wait till after that if heading in that direction.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy